Is it a meteorite

dididada

Nov 16, 2023
Hello everyone, my younger 9yo boy found this stone with his detector and split it in half with a hammer. He s wondering if it is a meteorite. Could you please help him ? David
PXL_20230902_101912495.jpg
PXL_20230924_182902469.jpg

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi David, and welcome to Tnet.

Sadly, not. It appears to be a terrestrial igneous rock. If he's bitterly disappointed, send me your postal address and his name by private message (click on my profile icon, then select "Start conversation") and I'll pop one in the mail to him. Assuming you're in the USA, I can mail it next week when I happen to be visiting. Easier and cheaper than mailing from the UK. Nothing expected in return.

Happy hunting.
Roger.

OP
OP
D

dididada

Nov 16, 2023
Hi, Thank you for your response. My son is disappointed but not discouraged. He'll continue to look for it next spring. I would like to thank you for your very kind proposal but I have to decline. Firstly because I live in continental Europe and secondly because he should continue to hunt his first treasure of stone :) Disappointment will be replaced by joy.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Thank you for your response. My son is disappointed but not discouraged. He'll continue to look for it next spring. I would like to thank you for your very kind proposal but I have to decline. Firstly because I live in continental Europe and secondly because he should continue to hunt his first treasure of stone :) Disappointment will be replaced by joy.

No worries. Continental Europe wouldn't be a problem, except I wouldn't be able to get to a post office until after I return from the US. I do understand that being given something doesn't carry anything like the same level of excitement as finding it yourself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread