Is the v3 that has been upgated to I version the same

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a chance to buy a v3 with the upgrade to v3i 4 coils 12 inch concentric 4x6 eclipse d3 and a sefbutterfly coil that I think is 14inch and wired headphones for 950 $ is it a good deal and does the upgrade make it a v3i or is there a difference

As far as I know the I upgrade was only a software upgrade so the equipment specs should be the same. The only concern I'd have is that white's had an epoxy problem with the early 10" d2 coils and they had a high failure rate. But knowing whites customer service they would probably replace it if you had a problem.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep with the upgrade its just like you would buy a V3i now, and seems like a great deal as the D2 coil itself is 250. HH

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad deal I have,a,real v3i & its awesome that v3 is the same machine & like said now with the upgrade its a v3i now the coil issue well since Ive had my sef coils small -large I havent even used my 10dd the sef's are great

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread