Is there a time limit on how long you can edit a post?

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently returned an item to a family member. I wanted to update the original post with the rest of the story and pictures of the return. At the very least the title of the post. But i can not seem to find the edit button anywhere. Is there a time limit on editing? and why? The whole story is in that post and the comments. Other members helping me do research on the name. Plus all the members who would really be interested in the update are people who replied and helped me with the original post and would recognize it. Are you saying i need to make a brand new post, copy and past or quote all the members names from the original post to the new one? and then just put a link to the original one?
The original post is called " So do i track down the living relatives?" I wanted to change it to "Update: I did!-So do i track down the living relatives?"
Seems like the best, easiest and most logical way to relay the information.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Private message a moderator they can do it or help you no problem.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Titles can not be edited by members once posted, if you want it changed post the title you want in quotes., I will change it for you.

There is a time limit on posts being edited, some members were wholesale deleting posts causing holes in threads.

You should be able to add posts to the thread, let me know if you cant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread