Is this a good buy? (new to detecting)

Grafx

Feb 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am able to purchase a brand new CTX 3030 with the following: (money is not an issue)

Head phones
rechargable batteries
extra battery holder
free 6" smart coil
Garrett PRO-POINTER-AT
carrying bag

1800 USD or 2500 CDN for me before tax (im in toronto canada)

thanks for the help!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Minelab with the serial number. There are a ton of fake CTX 3030's out there. It is a great price if its real! Good luck!

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good price for sure , i paid 1900 and a garrett ATP for a CTX3030, 6-12-17 " coil, recharge and AA battery pack and waterproof headphones. Your package deal lookspretty good as well.

OP
OP
G

Grafx

Feb 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Minelab with the serial number. There are a ton of fake CTX 3030's out there. It is a great price if its real! Good luck!

its actually from a minelab authorized Dealer here in Ontario Canada

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Depend of where you hunt, 6' coil won't be used so often in north america. In Europe where we bave 3000 years of iron history yes...

Look at the 17' coil if you want to have dry sand beach detection!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You're new to detecting? Never owned a detector before?

Maybe there should be a bit of caution here first. The CTX is a whole hog beast of a detector, top of the line for a hobbyist. Experienced detectorists experience quite a learning curve on this beast.

Metal detecting is a seriously wonderful hobby. But, I'd probably say that over 50% of those new to the hobby drop out after just a bit of frustration which comes from all directions. It might be better for you to enter the hobby with a less expensive machine - i.e. Tesoro Compadre. Swing it for a while as you are experiencing learning curves, rules of engagement, research into search locations, etc. Many people jump into the hobby and then realize you just can't pull out the detector and search just anywhere. Permissions, park rules, government rules, available sites to search.

Do a bit of homework prior to spending $2400 Canadian!

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depend of where you hunt, 6' coil won't be used so often in north america. In Europe where we bave 3000 years of iron history yes..

Don't underestimate the productivity of the American inner city park litter-bug. My 6" coil stays on for weeks at a time.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased a CTX 3030, brand new, just a few months ago.
It came with standard package, battery, charger, headphones, stock coil, as well as a 17 inch coil and Lesche Digger. I paid $1,895.00.
I'm good to go but have been using detectors for many years. As was previously stated, there may be a little difficulty in learning the ins and outs of this machine.
Whatever you choose, good luck and welcome to the hobby.

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't underestimate the productivity of the American inner city park litter-bug. My 6" coil stays on for weeks at a time.

I forgot the park hunting LoL

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I to am from Toronto. You are not talking about radio world are you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread