Is This a Good Deal?

ZealousBash

Greenie
May 31, 2013
Kingwood, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can somebody tell me if this is a good deal on a detector? I know I've seen a lot of people on here use Whites, but I don't know that much about them yet, and my original idea to get a Bounty Hunter was discouraged. Some info would be great.

WHITES 1/DB SERIES 2 METAL DETECTOR WITH BOX AND PAPERWORK

And sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I'm still a newbie and haven't posted much except replies to others' awesome finds. I'm really anxious to start posting awesome finds of my own. :)

Thanks,
Ashley

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will probably find coins 3 inches deep with that detector and it might be twenty years old and cost at that time was probably $125.00 or $150.00 Not positive on that price.
Spend a little more money and get something new and that go's deeper . You can buy a whites DFX on ebay and on here sometimes for $600.00 or less and you will have a good detector that won't lose much value and are very good detectors. Most of my coins were found with a DFX. A new DFX is $1200.00 or more.
<---------------GOLD----------------<

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHITES DFX=AWESOME------:icon_thumright:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites is a great company im on my third whites machine & really am enjoying this 1 id first start with whats ur budget? Then what r u looking for in a machine what would u want it to have,r u also doin just land,water,coin shooting,relic hunting ect now that detector im pretty sure ive seen for around the same price however it may still work get the job done but is limited cuz age,coils u can get for it aswell not sure if parts r available either there are much newer whites machines that will b a World of difference over that one like there r 3, newer models now of the coinmaster that do more then that one now, so id definetly start with
Whats the budget?
What r u looking for in a detector
What r u goin to b hunting most
I think u could do newer & b more happy with something more up to date

OP
OP
Z

ZealousBash

Greenie
May 31, 2013
Kingwood, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, my budget's pretty limited. I'm looking to spend about $100-$150. That's why I'm stalking Craig's List.
As far as what I want to find, I'm really not picky. Just being out there and digging things up is gonna be awesome. But if I had to be specific, I'd choose coins. And relics. And gold. :) I do have a coin collection, so I guess that'd be number one. I really don't know what I'm looking for in a detector beyond affordable and functioning. I don't have any experience, but I'm itching to get out there. Seriously. I'm really having trouble being patient.

So, I guess my Craig's List find isn't as spectacular as I thought it could be. That's cool. I'll keep looking and saving. My birthday's in November. Maybe I can be that patient. Maybe. :/

Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.

Ashley

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I here ya its very hard to wait im one of those very impatient people to I think if u if u got $150 & can get up to 200 u can get a good start off package Fisher f2, outs out a full package & I noticed having a screen on ur first choice wasnt a huge deal for u u might b able to find a tesoro compadre both those machines r great start off points check some online auction sites I tend to pop on aswell c what things r goin for me i have a hard time not buying things lol good luck

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rather than messing with anything as old as a 1 DB or comparable, I'd spend my $150 on a White's 5900/Di Pro SL. This is still a great detector with good depth and is very easy to learn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread