Is this considered a bulova accutron astronaut watch

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two of these watches the other day I was wondering if this is what they consider a bulova accutron astronaut watch both our 25 year service for what looks to be KS I haven’t change the batteries yet to see if they work I will do in a couple of days thanks for looking
IMG_1135.jpg
IMG_1134.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I know it is the watch folks use to turn into an Astronaut Space-view. That hum when it’s working is pretty cool.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the astronaut watches usually had a bezel. This would be considered a standard Acutron and would have a model number only. Even if it does run you probably want to have it serviced. Remember the batteries going upside down and if it doesn’t start up tap it with a big rap. Sometimes That can get him jumpstarted

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the model 214, back set. That was the first of the series. I now only have one early Accutron left in my collection and it's the 214. I was looking at a used Bulova Precisionist 262 kHz at the pawn shop last weekend. I didn't get it, but it was priced at what I saw others like it selling on Ebay, but next month they'll lower the price even more, so maybe I'll pick it up then if its still available.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread