Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this a few years ago in my father in-laws estate, I'm thinking it's just a novelty piece and not a error! Wanted others input before I throw it back in the junk drawer.
1000001173.jpg
1000001175.jpg
1000001178.jpg

OP
OP
Oldrvrrat57

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Note the different dates.
Don.....
Yes it is dated 1994 on one side 1993 other side ,this is why my first thoughts were novelty!! Hope it's worth it's face value! Lol

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
The 1993 reverse side was hollowed out and the 1994 milled down obverse was inserted into the hollowed out reverse of the 1993. You can see the gap, especially at the Y of liberty and also notice the upper part of the Y and T show wear but the rim or edge of the coin is not worn.

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember right, seems like I heard a machinist say it was a right of passage to be able to make one in the shop he was in.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Back in the stone ages, when they had shop classes in high school, the end of year challenge was to make one in under 30 minutes for extra credit. Very few accomplished the task in any amount of time. One or two every year did the proper machining of the two quarters, subsequently joining the two into the two headed coin similar to yours.

Time for more coffee.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only matters if you are trying to profit off it by passing it off as currency. Read through that law, actually interesting
I did. I also read different interpretations. Only part refers to "fraud", and interpretations differ, depending on one of those pesky commas. 😉

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did. Only part refers to "fraud", and interpretations differ, depending on one of those pesky commas. 😉
It is referring to things like shaving silver or gold coins that lessen value, or say bleaching and altering a 1 dollar bill to be a 10 dollar bill. You can turn a silver coin into a ring no problem even though you remove some of it, reason is because it is not trying to be used as currency.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread