Is this our Thomas Beale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Kind of reminds me of some other treasures I am involved with. For instance, I believe I know the location of a pile of silver from pirates. I have people asking me what pirate buried it. I don't know, may never know, all I care about right now is digging it up. The archaeologists involved can try to figure out where it came from. Thats part of their job. As far as the treasure known as the Beale treasure, I think I may know where it is buried. Who buried it, does not matter to me. I will dig it up, you'all can figure where it came from.

In case you are interested, the same gentleman showed me both of these locations and more. I am not actively seeking the "Beale" treasure, but it is on my to do list. I have to find the first treasure then the others will be easier. Do any of you ever do any digging? I mean in the dirt, not just in books.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of reminds me of some other treasures I am involved with. For instance, I believe I know the location of a pile of silver from pirates. I have people asking me what pirate buried it. I don't know, may never know, all I care about right now is digging it up. The archaeologists involved can try to figure out where it came from. Thats part of their job. As far as the treasure known as the Beale treasure, I think I may know where it is buried. Who buried it, does not matter to me. I will dig it up, you'all can figure where it came from.

In case you are interested, the same gentleman showed me both of these locations and more. I am not actively seeking the "Beale" treasure, but it is on my to do list. I have to find the first treasure then the others will be easier. Do any of you ever do any digging? I mean in the dirt, not just in books.

Why dig until you know exactly where to dig and you know for certain it is there? A lot of people running around with boots on the ground doing a lot digging with nothing to show for it. First you have to know where to dig and that it is actually there, then you have to make sure you have all the bases covered, which is expensive and nearly impossible these days, if not completely impossible in many cases. It does no good to dig up anything that you might never own and that could actually cost you dearly in the end.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
It don't take many six foot holes that,are empty ,most give up after one or two. I've got maps it was difficult for me. There is more planning involved before you can open, very expensive,time consuming,frustrating, and still want get to keep nothing. But, I will go down in history. You have to have a Exact location, even if you know where you have to be exact. You could be off by a couple of feet. Its awaste of time without key and exact location.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMILE) "Scoop" said it well & I agree with him; Peter Viemeister (RIP), in his book THE BEALE TREASURE - NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY, on page 196 has a MAP of BEDFORD COUNTY, VA with the VARIOUS SPOTS ppl have dug for the "BT"... check it out! PV was a "local" & former PREZ of the HISTORICAL SOCIETY in Bedford City/County with ACCESS to ppl/family lore & "clues of interest". SO! On the BRP, be careful... the FEDS (Rangers, etc) are EVERY-
WHERE; in the county, the Sheriff Deputies are also EVERYWHERE! (WINK)

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
(SMILE) "Scoop" said it well & I agree with him; Peter Viemeister (RIP), in his book THE BEALE TREASURE - NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY, on page 196 has a MAP of BEDFORD COUNTY, VA with the VARIOUS SPOTS ppl have dug for the "BT"... check it out! PV was a "local" & former PREZ of the HISTORICAL SOCIETY in Bedford City/County with ACCESS to ppl/family lore & "clues of interest". SO! On the BRP, be careful... the FEDS (Rangers, etc) are EVERY-
WHERE; in the county, the Sheriff Deputies are also EVERYWHERE! (WINK)
So what reb. I've been doing this for years none of what you say matters. Local lore hasn't help nothing, if anything made it worse the power of suggestion,and influence, don't make it fact just sayn.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I had a potential treasure location in Georgia that I tried to dig up. It was outside town in the middle of nowhere. I went there recently and everything had changed so much that it took me a few hours just to determine where that location was. That was in only 20 years! When you are looking for something that has been buried over 200 years, any clues from the past as to where it was hidden may be irrelavent. You also may never know if somebody already found it years ago and that is if it even existed in the first place. Trying to find the treasure from an old story is a long shot at best.

I think I may know the location of a large buried treasure in a farmer's field in Bedford County, Virginia. Exactly what it is and how it got there, I do not have a clue. The same person that showed me this location also put one of Mel Fisher's crews on top of Atocha gold.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Your right bigdog it don't take long for a landscape to change. For an important Treasure burial you don't use trees, creeks, ect. All is subject to change. The vault is carved out of solid stone,better than a cave,or ties intoa existing cave. Its still sealed. Even if it is all gone I don't care I have still done what no one could do. Its .still there.. I have already found my 100 %...I remain,as ever..Justintime.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) Mel ALSO looked for the "BT"; he didn't find it either. There are OTHERS on here that know THAT story better than I! (SHADES ON)

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rebel, why do you keep winking? Are you flirting with someone on here? Justintime-The location that we dug at was outside of town on the right side of a small country road. It was very near the road and the farmers house was about a quarter mile off the road. At least that is the way I remember it. Probably not the same place your interersted in. Has anyone on here actually done any digging for this treasure?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMIRKING) "Bgd"; YES, there ARE ppl on THIS forum who HAVE dug for the "BT"... AND! I know of SEVERAL who have "pin-pointed" sites of interest, waiting for land-owners to negotiate... as "Scoop" said, there are county/state/Feds laws to "contend" with. (WINK)

Last edited:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Must be Morriss code, wink.wink. wink. Smirk ing...wink..smirking...coffee.wink .smiling (smirking)..Lol

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel, why do you keep winking? Are you flirting with someone on here? Justintime-The location that we dug at was outside of town on the right side of a small country road. It was very near the road and the farmers house was about a quarter mile off the road. At least that is the way I remember it. Probably not the same place your interersted in. Has anyone on here actually done any digging for this treasure?
Not the same place of interest,i'm sure. Did you find any thing. What made you tthink it was were you dug.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I had a dowser that used remote sensing to get us to the area. He is the same dowser that showed me a location I am preparing to dig in Florida. Dowsing can work. It is nowhere near 100%. Even if it worked 5-10% it is worth the effort to try. I am not interested in debating the merits or lack of with dowsing on this thread. For more info on my Florida dig go to the cache thread under pirate treasure.

The place in the farmers field may have nothing to do with the "Beale" treasure. I do think there is something there or there may have been something there in the past which is now gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions