Is this what i think it is?

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an effigy of a face IMO...

IMG_2091.JPG IMG_2090.JPG

Nose is on the right side of the 2nd picture

first picture shows the 2 feathers on top of the head as well as the rather large nose..

So basically what im wondering is this an effigy or? Appears to be made of copper, found in southeast gerogia on an actual indian camp (have found an arrow head/pottery there..)

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Explain to me how this perfect clasp was formed by nature.

View attachment 1346232

Hmmm. So that's what a perfect clasp looks like eh? And here I thought they just drilled holes in things back then to suspend them, let alone had working clasps. Must be a part missing on that one.

Seriously though, answering your question, well, thats what the geologist's are good at.

Maybe you could take this to the rock and mineral forum and see what they have to say. I bet they see more things that likely aren't artifacts, than we do over here.

You mentioned all the detail your piece has, I fail to see it. Have you wondered why they had room for a such huge shnozz and no room for making little eyes? You need to look at more actual effigies and pendants.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Your still bypassing out how the other known effigies look no different/have similar style.

we are looking at two different things obviously. I see actual artifacts on one page, and a cool conglomeration of a pebble in another pic.

Why no eyes, ears, or mouth, chin or hair on a human effigy pendant? Why just a big bulbous nose that's way out of proportion and a neck that doesn't resemble a neck?

Really andrew,. Take this to the rock and mineral forum and you can probably get an amateur rock hound to tell you exactly what you have. I don't think you need a bonified geologist to make a call on this natural phenom imho.

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are looking at two different things obviously. I see actual artifacts on one page, and a cool conglomeration of a pebble in another pic.

Why no eyes, ears, or mouth, chin or hair on a human effigy pendant? Why just a big bulbous nose that's way out of proportion and a neck that doesn't resemble a neck?

Really andrew,. Take this to the rock and mineral forum and you can probably get an amateur rock hound to tell you exactly what you have. I don't think you need a bonified geologist to make a call on this natural phenom imho.

We must be. Because i see 2 feathers and a bandanna. Aswell as two gap/slits for eyes. You cant possibly say those other effigies have more detail than mine.

Ill post it in the mineral fourm at your bidding but im going to ask to please not argue/respond to this thread anymore.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
is that a clasp or feathers?...can't be both...it would be a pretty caricature indian if those are feathers with that big nose...something right out of Warner brothers.

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is that a clasp or feathers?...can't be both...it would be a pretty caricature indian if those are feathers with that big nose...something right out of Warner brothers.

Why cant it be feathers and a clasp? Have you not heard of style? There bird effigies werent actually to scale either. Im tired of fighting this, i put up a post in the rock section, and someone said defiantly not pebbles globbed together. I have done what you ask, i will not continue this discussion.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a close up picture of both sides of the hole, if it has been drilled there will be signs of the drilling... I have seen a lot of geofacts that were small and had holes in them formed by nature....

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Why cant it be feathers and a clasp? Have you not heard of style? There bird effigies werent actually to scale either. Im tired of fighting this, i put up a post in the rock section, and someone said defiantly not pebbles globbed together. I have done what you ask, i will not continue this discussion.

don't give up yet, we are not here to ridicule you, we want to know too. I showed it to a geologist and he asks...does a magnet stick to it?...I don't see if that was asked and answered.

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't give up yet, we are not here to ridicule you, we want to know too. I showed it to a geologist and he asks...does a magnet stick to it?...I don't see if that was asked and answered.
It is not magnetic

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it isn't part of a crab or lobster fossil? I have no idea what it is but maybe post on the fossil forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post clear in focus close pictures of the hole (clasp) and close up pictures of it from all angles....

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw

or Cleveland. :)

g

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread