It Was the Best Place I've Hunted in 5 years...I Was Kicked Out Today..

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only once every few years you will find the spot to hunt in that has numerous good targets to dig. I found that place for the last 5 weekends. Today I discovered that I was
hunting in green grass medians that were part of a home owners association. This area was patrolled buy security guys in marked vehicles. It took 5 weekends for me to get discovered by
these guys. It was an honest mistake from me, I thought I was in the regular city property. Oh well, It was awesome while it lasted. The guy in the patrol car was actually polite, he said
from higher up he was asked to tell me I could not dig holes:(

Before I was asked to leave I did manage to dig up 4 more silver coins and 13 wheaties from the "Field of Dreams". I covered about 60% of the area leaving 40% for the next guy to hunt before he gets kicked out too.

I would be willing to bet that at least 20 more silver coins are left to dig in this place. They will be all easy hits, all the silver I've recovered have been 4 to 6 inches.

These are the totals from all that fun:

73 wheaties
12 Rosies
10 Mercs
3 Washington Silver Quarters
1 SLQ 1928-S
1 Walker Half
1 Silver Ring
$ 30.00 + in clad coins

Attachments

• Finds 6-14-19 001.JPG
    Finds 6-14-19 001.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Finds 6-14-19 002.JPG
    Finds 6-14-19 002.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 130
  • Finds 6-14-19 003.JPG
    Finds 6-14-19 003.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Finds 6-14-19 004.JPG
    Finds 6-14-19 004.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Finds 6-14-19 005.JPG
    Finds 6-14-19 005.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 99
  • Finds 6-14-19 006.JPG
    Finds 6-14-19 006.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Finds 6-14-19 007.JPG
    Finds 6-14-19 007.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Finds 6-14-19 010.JPG
    Finds 6-14-19 010.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Upvote 60

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I missing something? Did you run down to the city to check the maps? HOAs are notorious for claiming streets & parkways that aren't theirs. Example - A buddy from work had a corner lot and one side was city street & easement for a sidewalk. He'd park his truck there when loading up the camp trailer. The HOA Nazis would come ticket his truck and the court told them to knock it off, they didn't. The HOA actually came out and put No Parking signs up (3). Only problem was they put them close to his fence which was his property. Loaned him my Tpost puller and he removed them. They took him to court. Court said, "His property his posts" he presented the HOA rules saying no signs allowed and he thought it was over. Well, they didn't give up! They placed new signs closer to the street. Whoopsie! He complained to the city & since the signs were right in the middle of where the sidewalk should be, the city made the HOA remove them. While removing them they broke his water line! One of the guys from work had a relative the was a plumber. So he came out & repaired the pipe by replacing it all & wrote up a bill for around $4800. They had to take the HOA to court to get paid. This time he had enough to file a cease & desist. Now he parks there when he wants & the HOA has eased off. All this because the HOA didn't bother to look at the maps. HOAs are like junk yard dogs. You gotta slap em on the snout enough to get them to leave you alone.
Great story I love it

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go get em smack that snout lmao

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amen Mr. Boogeyman :notworthy:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, can you detect there without digging holes? With coins only 4-6 inches down, you could probe them out, or, maybe cut just a slit and work them up to the surface. I've done that at some sensitive sites. I even have some long forceps for some deeper targets.

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
great finds!!!!!! Congrats!!!! My best argument that helped me many times is to show how much trash I'm picking up. I never go out with an empty pouch. I always have a few ammo casings or a sharp edged metal part left in the pouch. When someone comes up they usually ask "what are you gonna do with the trash?" and when I reply "take it home with me and dispose it in my trash bin" they are happy and that way I received a request to try to find a K98 the farmer's grandpa hid in 1945. I'll go there when the cattle has left the pasture. I would not give up such a field of dreams without a discussion. I would probably offer them to mow the lawn for free or something like that...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have lost great permissions a few times for various reasons...

When it really sucks is when its due to damage... that makes it even more awkward... 2 were due to PVC pipes... one was a water line hit... the other a sprinkler hit.

Both required trips to home depot and repairs out of pocket... meanwhile home owner regretting all the while the "yes" and worried etc.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man...talk about paydirt!

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be talking to the township to see if that's actually controlled by the HOA.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great location, that's some awesome saves, congratulations. By the looks of your pictures the HOA needs to be doing some yard & street work if they are so concerned, both look neglected in the pictures. GL & HH

LrdSummerisle

Greenie
Jul 6, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro-Pointer AT, Whites Coinmaster Classic II, Nel coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, that sucks...so sorry to hear that, Fluke! I was excited for you when I saw where you were...I had been wondering
if you had ever been there or when you were finally going to hit it. It was a planned, single-owner neighborhood from the beginning
in 1939...development slowed down during the war with the first tenants moving in in 1944, and wasn't completed until the 1950's.

There's a several block long median a few streets over to the north-east...have you tried that yet? A little east of that is a neighborhood
with a "sundial". The "sundial shows up on the 1915 map, so hopefully still some good stuff there.

OP
OP
Cool Hand Fluke

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man, that sucks...so sorry to hear that, Fluke! I was excited for you when I saw where you were...I had been wondering
if you had ever been there or when you were finally going to hit it. It was a planned, single-owner neighborhood from the beginning
in 1939...development slowed down during the war with the first tenants moving in in 1944, and wasn't completed until the 1950's.

There's a several block long median a few streets over to the north-east...have you tried that yet? A little east of that is a neighborhood

with a "sundial". The "sundial shows up on the 1915 map, so hopefully still some good stuff there.

I tried hunting the neighborhood with sundial a few years ago and was kicked out by one of those busy bodies. A nasty lady in a house across the street with an attitude showed up. It looked like a real promising place, I only had 30 minutes into the hunt before she showed me the door out.

I've hunted all the medains in the city, if I counted them all there might be around 30 of them.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd put on some makeup and a wig and go back.... just sayin....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread