Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT'S NOT EXACTLY DUMPSTER DIVING

I live in a complex of 89 buildings here in Manhattan. It is privately owned and well maintained.
Over the past 30 plus years that I have lived here, I have made a few friends. Of course, when
they go on vacation, there is a need to have someone to water their plants or feed their cat. That
gives me access to the recycle areas in approximately 17 buildings.
Now, the normal vacancy rate in this complex is about 10 apartments per month. There are also
numerous apartments that are rented to New York University for use by their Graduate Students.
These Student apartments turn over more frequently. I might add that since mommy and daddy
are paying for everything, they throw a lot of stuff out. On more than one occasion I have found
broken SILVER or GOLD jewelry in dresser drawers that were disposed of. Of course there is
always an abundance of clad coins in their night tables. Mostly pennies but that's okay. The bank
will accept them too.
Because I am a Veteran, I am entitled to a NYC General Vendors License. Periodically I will set up
a flea market type stand and sell off what I have pulled out the Recycle Areas of these buildings.
I sell cheap and always have return customers. Here are some vases, pieces of art, and some pots
and pans that will get a quick wash. They will then get priced from $5 -$15 each.
Next year may be a little more profitable because I plan to be retired by then.
IMG_3312.JPG IMG_3309.JPG

Upvote 12

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds great! Keep it up. You're right, it's not exactly dumpster diving. (But you should try it... ;))

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure is treasure mate! Great job!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

Dumpster diving is a dirt endeavor, you found a nice way around the mess! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions