J-E Getting Gold + Cabin Fever :( Heres My Medicine For Today.......

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
J-E Getting Gold + Cabin Fever :( Here's My Medicine For Today.......

sluicea_zps7f0c1a21.jpg~original

Don't let this photo think it's spring time up here. These were sitting under a bridge, waiting for my second load from the car. I took a pic of today's adventure. I picked up a river sluice last week from a new store in Edmonton. With no place planned to really detect today, I thought that I would play with my new toy. It was cold, snowing, freezing, windy with a couple of pinholes in my chest waders which brought on a chill. I brought along the AT Gold with the sniper figuring I could work the creek, however that did not happen.

sluicec_zpsc8cca8b5.jpg~original

Here's what it was like away from under the bridge, down by the creek. The open areas were sporadic along the creek. I chose the closest one.

sluiceb_zpsbc110856.jpg~original

I set the sluice up in the creek and placed a rock on it to stabilize it.

sluicecff_zps4237de45.jpg~original

Next came the digging part. Things were packed pretty hard amongst the rocks. I was classifying my material down to 1/2 ", using plastic Garrett classifier placed on top of the bucket. Some of the lighter sand like material came out of the creek in slightly frozen clumps but did break up nicely.

sluiced_zpsa1d82f9d.jpg~original

After screening slightly more then 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket, I started feeding the sluice with my screened material. When I did my final cleanup at home, I went down 2 more sizes, until the material was about 1/8." I still need to pan my final material. I am pretty sure there is some flower gold in there, as a quick pan showed a couple of tiny flower gold pieces.

goldsmaller_zps6e4c364d.jpg~original

Here is the flower gold I got from the North Saskatchewan river over 20 years ago. It took me 2 1/2 summers to get about 1.7 Ounces. The creek I worked today runs into the North Saskatchewan River about 5 miles downstream. There should be flower gold all around the area, as previous creeks crossed and meandered around here thousands of years ago. I just hope I got some nice color today.

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait to see what you end up with after cleanup !!!!

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm planning on doing some gold panning with the kids this summer. Be good to get them out in the wilderness and have some fun memories with their dad. I still have great memories of the hunting and fishing just my dad and I would do when I was a kid. He was a very busy guy but always found time for me in the outdoors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread