Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wasn't going to go today. Pretty tired.

But, I had just fixed my headphones and had the equipment in the car when I happened
to pass by the mansion. Just running errands, you know.

Had to stop for 30 mins and test 'em out. ;)

The only way they would've sounded sweeter was if there happened to be a 90vdi.
Alas, there weren't. :(

Have I mentioned that finds are dwindling here? LOL

2015 (107).jpg
2015 (108).jpg

Did they make bullets out of iron? :icon_scratch:

2015 (109).jpg

Still turned something interesting.
A small flat button and a ferrule of some sort?

Anyway, a better test tomorrow. ( I hope)

Upvote 6

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice old finds Gary. Just can't complain when an old flat button shows up. Nice job!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice flat button gary, nice that you have a go to spot when you just have the urge

keep at it!!

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. On my Fisher, a 90 vdi could be a large cent or .... a rusted steel bottle cap. Ask me which I've dug more of. :BangHead:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a good spin Eagle 4 Eyes!! We need to get your butt in the water!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, are you running that ATPro "hot?" Sacrifice the batteries for the finds, I say. Those VDI 90's are out there, maybe hiding in the edges of the Mansion estate? Best of luck and glad you are back digging. Blingie and Fishy must be STARVING! Sub 8-)

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have mentioned it but testing your equipment is a good policy-LOL. Flat button still has gold gilding on it. WTG & HH, Q.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, are you running that ATPro "hot?" Sacrifice the batteries for the finds, I say. Those VDI 90's are out there, maybe hiding in the edges of the Mansion estate? Best of luck and glad you are back digging. Blingie and Fishy must be STARVING! Sub 8-)

Ya know, Subby ole boy, I hear that more and more these days. Those 90's are there! Absolutely, positively, and for sure! It's almost as if it's that silvers will ALWAYS be there because they are just another crop and all we need to do is go away and let the next crop grow. Am I saying that this place is hunted out? No. I know better. No place is EVER hunted out! Until, that is, the finds are gone.

One thing I know is that I'm one of those more fortunate ones who has an infuriating knack of finding things where everyone else has hunted. (Infuriating to others that is, ;) LOL )

The ATP can't run any hotter than I have it running now. Every time I use it there, I find something. Most of what I'm concentrating on when I go there now is approaching different angles, looking for areas I might've missed. What I'm planning on is getting a sniper coil so I can really go over the particularly noisy areas. Try to pick inbetween the garbage.

I'm not worried about the batteries. The ATP has more than paid for itself and the batteries for the rest of my "career".

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds!
If you run the AT any "hotter" take fire extinguisher with you, wouldn't want you go'n down in flames! :laughing7:

You will always find something there, then you will be saying to yourself, "now how did I miss that one, I've been over this area a dozen times?" :icon_scratch:

Sometimes I think the trash decomposes enough so that the goodies can be heard.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds!
If you run the AT any "hotter" take fire extinguisher with you, wouldn't want you go'n down in flames! :laughing7:

You will always find something there, then you will be saying to yourself, "now how did I miss that one, I've been over this area a dozen times?" :icon_scratch:

Sometimes I think the trash decomposes enough so that the goodies can be heard.

Ya know, I've been in this hobby for longer than some of the current hunters have been alive. L - O - L !!!!

In all that time I've learned one thing. I find stuff where even I have hunted countless number of times. The thing is,
nowadays, I find that I am NEVER surprised that I "missed" something the last thousand swings. I also NEVER blame
my machine for shirking it's duty. ;)

One thing I do KNOW for a fact is there are many, many more ways/conditions to cause a missed target, than there are to find one.

Am I saying the machine has nothing to do with it all? No. Just ask me about my very first "Radio Shack" detector and I'll give a
dissertation on just how BAD a detector can be! :) LOL The old adage of "You get what you pay for" does come into play. But, always
remember, that the people who have something to sell are the ones behind the idea. Buy the "new & improved" is also.

I'm not saying we shouldn't improve/upgrade to the newest and the bestest. If we can afford the jump. But, I am saying that no matter what
your financial limits are or what your purpose in hunting is, it will always be best to learn ALL that you can about the machine in your hand.
Also, the reasons behind finding and not finding. You'll ALWAYS do better than most if you do.

I would absolutely LOVE to have a Deus and an Etrac and , etc. etc. etc. In addition to my current machine! The plain and simple fact is, I can't
afford a new machine. If the ATP even thinks I might be able to try because of a diamond ring it might find. It gets jealous and selectively
"misses" that target.

Now, I'll just bet nobody ever thought of THAT reason for a miss! ;)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have mentioned it but testing your equipment is a good policy-LOL. Flat button still has gold gilding on it. WTG & HH, Q.

Thanks Quindy. Yeah, I just can't get enough learning of a machine. That's sometimes as fascinating as the finds to me.

That flat button came out of one of the more trashy places. I'm learning to hear what the ATP is saying, ya know?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread