Just finished a box of Dimes, Canadian Silver Dime?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So I just finished up a box of dimes that I got earlier this week and found 1 64 Rosie and 1 46 Canadian Dime, I think it is silver, but I'm not positive. Maybe somebody on here can tell me ( Canadian Hunter) if it is. Here are a couple of pics. If it is, then this is my first Canadian silver! And again, Good luck to everyone searchin today! Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5149.JPG
    DSCN5149.JPG
    530.3 KB · Views: 331
  • DSCN5150.JPG
    DSCN5150.JPG
    510.7 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This link has all the information you need.

Let me google that for you

If you ever have a question, just Google it first. If you couldn't read the language of the coin, I understand. But this coin is from North America, and from the 20th century.

You went through the trouble of scanning it and everything.

Otherwise, nice coin.

snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just finished up a box of dimes that I got earlier this week and found 1 64 Rosie and 1 46 Canadian Dime, I think it is silver, but I'm not positive. Maybe somebody on here can tell me ( Canadian Hunter) if it is. Here are a couple of pics. If it is, then this is my first Canadian silver! And again, Good luck to everyone searchin today! Maverick.

yes it is silver

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
This link has all the information you need.

Let me google that for you

If you ever have a question, just Google it first. If you couldn't read the language of the coin, I understand. But this coin is from North America, and from the 20th century.

You went through the trouble of scanning it and everything.

Otherwise, nice coin.

Thank you CoinFetcher, yes, I guess I could have googled it first, but I thought other people on here might like to see it too. I thought that is what we do here, post pics and show what we have found in our searches. Thanks, Maverick.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1946 George VI dime has an 80% silver composition compared to the american 90% silver composition.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1946 George VI dime has an 80% silver composition compared to the american 90% silver composition.

Thanks Canadian Guy, thought the Canadian hunters may like to see it. I have alot of canadian dimes, bu this was the oldest I have come across. Good luck hunting! Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a keeper for sure... 80% silver to be exact, 0.06 oz ASW compared to the US 90% silver dime containing 0.07234 oz ASW... but to take into consideration, the accuracy on the US silver dime is to the 5th decimal place where the canadian dime is only to the 2nd...

nice catch Maverick!
HH
Buff

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Amen. I can not assume people found this site via google? They can use it. And it would take 30 seconds to find info like this. Blah...

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin is awesome.

I 'google' questions for people for a living. So...Here in Big Boy land, i get a little Feisty!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The coin is awesome.

I 'google' questions for people for a living. So...Here in Big Boy land, i get a little Feisty!

[h=1]Forum: Coin Roll Hunting[/h]A great way to find old coins is to purchase rolls of coins from banks. Misstrikes, silver, proof, even rare coins can be found. Post your "Roll Hunting" experiences and questions here!

This is my "Google" for coins. Maverick.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey maverick, nice score. I've found three silver Canadians but not that old. Mine have queen Elizabeth on them. Canadian coins are kind of cool having the same person on the different coins. I've got king George on pennies and nickels and would love to get a dime also. 5 boxes coming tomorrow. Hope I score.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Canadian coins are kind of cool having the same person on the different coins.

It's because it is the queen. Queen Elizabeth II is the head of state of Canada (representative figure). Why Canada keeps the queen I don't know, but I think it is nice to keep some history, she has no power anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread