Just got my new Nel sharpshooter coil

coastal_digger

Greenie
Aug 29, 2015
Detector(s) used
Fisher new Gold Bug, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher CZ-5, Tesoro Cortes. Garrett Propointer and Tinytec pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered a Nel 5.5 x 9.5 Sharpshooter coil for my Fisher Gold Bug, which arrived today (ordered Sunday, mailed Monday, and arrived today, which is Wednesday- very fast). :happy3: Getting ready to put it on the machine, and looking forward to trying it out. I always liked the little 5inch Fisher round coil, excellent in trash. Reviews indicate the Nel coil is comparable with decent bit of added depth- will see soon:goldbar:

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Good luck. Which Fisher Gold bug do you have? The GB2 is strictly a nugget machine (not meant for coins/relics). So I'm assuming you have the newer Fisher gold bug ,like the pro & DP, right ? Those are cross-over type machines, that can be used for either/or.

Yes the smaller "footprint" will encompass less items under the head, at any given time, for the machine to have to struggle with trying to "average". But the downsides of the smaller coil will be less depth. You can't have the best of both worlds, eh? :)

OP
OP
C

coastal_digger

Greenie
Aug 29, 2015
Detector(s) used
Fisher new Gold Bug, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher CZ-5, Tesoro Cortes. Garrett Propointer and Tinytec pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. Which Fisher Gold bug do you have? The GB2 is strictly a nugget machine (not meant for coins/relics). So I'm assuming you have the newer Fisher gold bug ,like the pro & DP, right ? Those are cross-over type machines, that can be used for either/or.

Yes the smaller "footprint" will encompass less items under the head, at any given time, for the machine to have to struggle with trying to "average". But the downsides of the smaller coil will be less depth. You can't have the best of both worlds, eh? :)
Thank you :3coins:
Yes, I have the "New" Gold Bug- always wondered why they did not just call this one "Gold Bug 2010", or something to that effect, so as to avoid a bit of confusion lol I got mine before they came out with the Pro and DP models, but a bit after the 1.9 software version :happysmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread