Just imagine...

volvomad

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2010
Just imagine if after a mag survey you go to an area with a magnetic anomaly and saw just a flat sea bed.
An Aquapulse or DX200 survey of the bottom pinpoints an object, but it’s buried quite deep. Would you spend time dredging/blowing that area just to find something of little monetary or archaeological value? What if you could see what was there before dredging? What if you could positively identify objects (shapes, colours, markings) buried up to 2.5m in the sea bed without massive disturbance? Well, Aquascan International Ltd is pleased to announce that such a system will soon be available… Watch this space!

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
volvomad said:
Just imagine if after a mag survey you go to an area with a magnetic anomaly and saw just a flat sea bed.
An Aquapulse or DX200 survey of the bottom pinpoints an object, but it’s buried quite deep. Would you spend time dredging/blowing that area just to find something of little monetary or archaeological value? What if you could see what was there before dredging? What if you could positively identify objects (shapes, colours, markings) buried up to 2.5m in the sea bed without massive disturbance? Well, Aquascan International Ltd is pleased to announce that such a system will soon be available… Watch this space!

volvomad, That technology is already out there. http://web.mit.edu/deeparch/www/research/subbottom.html

I hope your unit gives better images. Will keep an eye out for the unit when it hits the market.

OP
OP
V

volvomad

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2010
old man said:
volvomad, That technology is already out there. http://web.mit.edu/deeparch/www/research/subbottom.html

I hope your unit gives better images. Will keep an eye out for the unit when it hits the market.

Old man - while a sub bottom profiler is good at the job it does, may I point out a section of my original post:

volvomad said:
What if you could positively identify objects (shapes, colours, markings) buried up to 2.5m in the sea bed without massive disturbance?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions