Just noticed this

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The GPAA's Arizona Gold Show will be in Tucson this coming year.....Tucson Expo Center, Feb 17 and 18. That is welcome and convenient for me but seems odd since my perception is that most in-state and visiting prospectors are located nearer the traditional venue of Phoenix/Mesa. I guess the organizers hope that they will capitalize mostly on winter visitors/snow birds some of which may still be around after also attending the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show which ends Feb 11. That show, the most well known in the world, attracts world wide vendors and thousands of visitors. Most of the vendors (wholesale and retail)* set up in locations scattered around Tucson more than a week before the main event. Tip....Several of the vendors sell and probably buy specimen gold but be aware they will ultimately mark it up for resale. If nothing else, one could get a general idea as to what his specimen is worth on the open market.

*Not just gems, minerals and fossils but also jewelry and all types of jewelry, lapidary and craft supplies and equipment at wholesale or reduced prices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread