Just one large Cent

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1822 LC the back is toasted,and some junk .
Gary
Picture 7.jpg Picture 8.jpg Picture 9.jpg

Upvote 15

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nicely done, Gary. Still looking for my first LC. Hope you get another one before the ground turns to cement!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Gary!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a theory about that. When a coin is in the ground I believe the majority of them are laying flat. So one side or the other is facing up. I contend that rain washes all the chemicals down onto whatever side of the coin is facing up with the underside protected to a certain extent. Over time the side facing up takes the majority of the punishment from nature.
That's a good theory!I never thought about it that way.I always figured it was the side facing down that takes all the abuse from the soil.It would make a good experiment,if we had 150,200 years to live:)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Gary! It has detail AND a date!

I have 1 LC and it shall remain dateless! The only way you can read the date is with wishful thinking, it's been soaking in oil for years....I should give up at this point! Lol!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good theory!I never thought about it that way.I always figured it was the side facing down that takes all the abuse from the soil.It would make a good experiment,if we had 150,200 years to live:)

Well, if everyone here on T-net would send me one silver coin and one very old copper coin in excellent condition I would be willing to conduct this test and would gladly share the results with everyone. Feel free to send me a PM for my name and address. The things I'm willing to do for this hobby....sheesh!!!

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coin all the same.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any large copper is a good one in my book... Even if it's dateless. Nice find! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread