Just ordered AT Gold

TnTyrant

Jan 13, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just ordered me a new AT Gold and a Relic shovel from Big Boys Hobbies. I had one last year and wish I hadn't got rid of it so I ordered another one I mainly relic hunt but do on occasion coin and jewelry hunt. Cant wait to get it I have a big weekend planed with my kids to go to a civil war campsite we have hit before.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
You got a great detector! Learn it well and you will be surprised how well it performs in many different environments, both land and freshwater.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That may be my next detector I have the pro which I love and will not get rid of but I would like to try out the gold with my bigger coil for some field hunting.

silverhound57

Feb 12, 2013
troy tx
Detector(s) used
2 atpros 1atgold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my atgold from BART two weeks ago, still in the learning it. its alittle bit different than the atpro, but I am loving it.

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
I should have mine in a few days also:) I sold my at pro a month ago but got a very good trade. I'll be off to the navy in 2 months so I'm really looking forward to hunting with this machine

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my atgold from BART two weeks ago, still in the learning it. its alittle bit different than the atpro, but I am loving it.
the learning curve shouldn't be to bad going from the pro to the gold I would assume.

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I I'll be off to the navy in 2 months so I'm really looking forward to hunting with this machine

Good luck in the Navy! Thank you for serving! My son was in Pensacola but is now stationed at Norfolk.

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold's my first detector in 40 years. And I'm not a prospector. Works great in parks. Yes it's a learning curve but it seems to be a damn smart detector.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ordered me a new AT Gold and a Relic shovel from Big Boys Hobbies. I had one last year and wish I hadn't got rid of it so I ordered another one I mainly relic hunt but do on occasion coin and jewelry hunt. Cant wait to get it I have a big weekend planed with my kids to go to a civil war campsite we have hit before.

Great purchase! ;)

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Guy called me I traded my at pro too and wanted to sell it back digging tool, detector, pjnpointer, and blue underwater headphones. I got it all for 450 so no more at gold for me however im going to buy the 5x8 coil I heard good things

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to watch the free instructional videos on the Garrett website. Ground balance often over clean ground. I use the All Metal Mode so I know for certain that I am not over any iron.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learning to use the All Metal Mode takes some time. I suggest you start in a low trash area otherwise you will be overwhelmed in no time. Remember the iron target are wider with bleeding edges from the halos. You want to look for the targets with crisp edges. When your ears get tired, switch to DISC 1 and you can still get decent depth. If you are still getting too much trash, turn up the iron discrimination a little more. Another option when in All Metal is to turn the threshold down to zero of even into the negative numbers to save your ears. Really helps and still gives good depth. I think you'll find out if your ears get tired you will not get nearly as much. After some conditioning you can go longer at full throttle. Also in DISC if you get a scratchy target, flip to All Metal and it will be a lot cleaner.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've got the Pro and love it. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread