Just some tools

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
In this frame I’ve got some Adze Blades, scrapers, flake blades, crude points, crude drills, and a few others I’m sure I missed.
2nd picture is a colorful crooked drill, my best end scraper and a glass button I found in a creek. When was the last time you saw a glass button?

Attachments

• IMG_2138.jpeg
    IMG_2138.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2136.jpeg
    IMG_2136.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 41
Upvote 8

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little something I just read when looking into a button I found, to paraphrase two hole buttons were often ladies buttons used for lighter fabrics, 4 holes were made for heavier fabrics, like work wear and coats… as far as the tools, it shows the other side of native tool box. Nice way to round out what the natives were doing down there.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I even found a small point in the mix. That’s why I save everything in the year then go back through it all. This one

Attachments

• IMG_2145.jpeg
    IMG_2145.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Also in the picture is 2 polished rocks and a quartz crystal I found in a campsite.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You read about medicine bundles, with secret contents, I’ve always thought a unique polished stone would be a good candidate for a medicine bag item… but I don’t think you could ever prove that’s where it came from

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
You read about medicine bundles, with secret contents, I’ve always thought a unique polished stone would be a good candidate for a medicine bag item… but I don’t think you could ever prove that’s where it came from
That’s a good analysis
But yes it would be hard to prove

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread