Kitco Posts around where silver sopt was in the 40s

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kitco Posts around where silver sopt was in the 40's

Hope this link works. If not go to www.silverstackers.com/, click SILVER, scroll down to the below mentioned title and read post #13. In fact the whole topic is interesting showing the mood and thoughts of buying and selling silver when it was topping out last time. Click on as many Kitco Links as you can stand. Hint, make coffee first.

Interesting reading what the mind set was at that time.

edited because a word in the link was misspelled and the function wouldn't let me correct it. The thread title is Coming up on ten months.

Last edited:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Hope this link works. If not go to www.silverstackers, click SILVER, scroll down to the below mentioned title and read post #13. In fact the whole topic is interesting showing the mood and thoughts of buying and selling silver when it was topping out last time. Click on as many Kitco Links as you can stand. Hint, make coffee first.

Interesting reading what the mind set was at that time.

edited because a word in the link was misspelled and the function wouldn't let me correct it. The thread title is Coming up on ten months.

In many ways PMs like silver function as a Giffen good (see link below). What happens is that if/when the price finally takes off, many who were either too afraid or "too smart" to buy now because they are waiting for $15 or $10, will find themselves buying again after silver hits $30 or some other number that makes these investors feel like they are missing the boat and realize any correction has ended.

Giffen good - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jim

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't get either link to work. For some reason TN's spell checker is fighting me. But, if you type the exact link into your computer bar, the site comes up. Very interesting reading.

Yes, I half way understand why people buy into a topped out market. I've noticed it a lot in real estate.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! Lost, your links don't work because you forgot the .com LMAO

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Charlie. Yup, forgot the .com. Probably happened during all the editing I was doing to the post. The spell checker wasn't accepting a correct spelled word going to the direct posting. I kept going back fighting with the fool spell checker, finally giving up and posting what I had without the direct link. My sharp as a hammer head mind missed it in one of the many tries. If you google "Dumb as A Box of Rock's", you'll see my picture.

Anyhow, I think you guys will find the Kitco Post interesting as silver approached 49-50. Folks were talking about buying summer cabins, new cars, boats, ect.

www.silverstackers.com/. Scroll down to Sliver, then scroll down to Coming up on ten months. Click on as many Kitco links as you can stand. Very entertaining.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Hi Charlie. Yup, forgot the .com. Probably happened during all the editing I was doing to the post. The spell checker wasn't accepting a correct spelled word going to the direct posting. I kept going back fighting with the fool spell checker, finally giving up and posting what I had without the direct link. My sharp as a hammer head mind missed it in one of the many tries. If you google "Dumb as A Box of Rock's", you'll see my picture.

Anyhow, I think you guys will find the Kitco Post interesting as silver approached 49-50. Folks were talking about buying summer cabins, new cars, boats, ect.

www.silverstackers.com/. Scroll down to Sliver, then scroll down to Coming up on ten months. Click on as many Kitco links as you can stand. Very entertaining.

Just human nature. Probably those same folks are telling everyone silver is going to $10 now. Money will flow to whatever asset is in favor. Right now that is not PMs on a macro level. But it will be in the future I believe.

At least with PMs you have something to hold that will NEVER be worthless. I can tell you firsthand about stocks that actually went to ZERO.

Jim

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, please don't misunderstand thinking I found these post humorists as these guys were about to lose their monies. Just found them interesting as they sound so similar as to the posts I've been reading over the past year or so. Example, one guy was posting to say be careful, you might be falling for a silver pumper's line. As like today, he was called a troll for going against the frenzy buying. Later on I saw at the top of his last post, he was banned. Maybe banned for something other than his warning posts, but banned all the same. I see the same troll line over at the Doc's and current Kitco forum.

Just wanted to make sure you guys didn't think I was making fun of the posters. I've also made my share of investing mistakes ever after mind numbing research on the investment. I once, in 1968 bought a thousand dollars of a companies stock while they were in bankruptcy court filling for bankruptcy. Again, careful research, brokers advice, ect. I also lost another three hundred dollars in lawyers fees trying to get my thousand bucks back from the brokerage house. Yes, they damn well knew what was going on. I lost.

But again, I'm not putting these posters down. Just interesting reading.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Jim, please don't misunderstand thinking I found these post humorists as these guys were about to lose their monies. Just found them interesting as they sound so similar as to the posts I've been reading over the past year or so. Example, one guy was posting to say be careful, you might be falling for a silver pumper's line. As like today, he was called a troll for going against the frenzy buying. Later on I saw at the top of his last post, he was banned. Maybe banned for something other than his warning posts, but banned all the same. I see the same troll line over at the Doc's and current Kitco forum.

Just wanted to make sure you guys didn't think I was making fun of the posters. I've also made my share of investing mistakes ever after mind numbing research on the investment. I once, in 1968 bought a thousand dollars of a companies stock while they were in bankruptcy court filling for bankruptcy. Again, careful research, brokers advice, ect. I also lost another three hundred dollars in lawyers fees trying to get my thousand bucks back from the brokerage house. Yes, they damn well knew what was going on. I lost.

But again, I'm not putting these posters down. Just interesting reading.

Lost,

I didn't mean to infer anything about your postings, other than to say that for the most part, blogs about PMs are about as worthwhile as bathroom wall graffiti when it comes to properly calling the market (I am including my own posts in this summation). However, they can be great for entertainment or for occasionally challenging your own views which is always good.

I predict that you will see similar talk about riches and such when silver gets near $50 again.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all know what I think. KEEP STACKING Every one has an opinion that may differ from mine and I respect their opinion but I may not accept it and they definitely wont be a troll to me like they are to some people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread