L-rod spacing

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never thought about this too much. If you think about ground rod spacing it seems to me the same thing holds for l-rods—farther apart means less resistance. I’ve never done this much, always figured closer together is better but now I don’t think that is correct. So you might try and see if it helps you. Again what you are looking at is a bigger cross section between the rods because the flux lines spread out more with a wider spacing and that means less resistance. Well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never thought about this too much. If you think about ground rod spacing it seems to me the same thing holds for l-rods—farther apart means less resistance. I’ve never done this much, always figured closer together is better but now I don’t think that is correct. So you might try and see if it helps you. Again what you are looking at is a bigger cross section between the rods because the flux lines spread out more with a wider spacing and that means less resistance. Well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. LOL
Speaking of L-rods, SOmetime when I am unknowingly on or very near a signal line, as soon as I lift one foot to start to walk the rods will move. It's easy to assume the rods were just out of balance,. It's usually quick movement. Just something to be aware of.

Claude Cochran told me about widening the distance between the L-rods when there is interference. He said wear rubber gloves. ALl this never sank in, but I see now a wider gap gives a stronger signal. There is a point how far you can go until it is too awkward to hold the rods comfortably--about twenty inches apart is max for me. Rubber gloves yu want something longer so your arms are covered somewhat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread