lady gave me coins because they were to old to spend !!

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
Went to bank to dump halfs . a women was dumping big jar of coins. some of them kept falling into reject bin, because they were silver. She was geting mad so I said i would buy the coins from her. she said dont be silly there just to old you can have them. I insisted that she take payment of 10x face. she looked at me and handed me the coins and said no , you just take them and go see a shrink. I laughed and went home with $ 5.10 face in silver. Brian

Upvote 0

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
treeslayer said:
Went to bank to dump halfs . a women was dumping big jar of coins. some of them kept falling into reject bin, because they were silver. She was geting mad so I said i would buy the coins from her. she said dont be silly there just to old you can have them. I insisted that she take payment of 10x face. she looked at me and handed me the coins and said no , you just take them and go see a shrink. I laughed and went home with $ 5.10 face in silver. Brian

Why doesn't this kind of stuff ever happen to me?
Way to go!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
::laughs, falling off her couch:: if that ever happens to you again. Give them the 10X face but tell them that your daughter/son/neice etc will love these and tell them to take the money and have a lovely lunch or dinner. I've had older folks try to give me tips for helping them out and we can't take tips. we get fired for taking tips. I tell them that their smile is payment enough.

Anyways,
See ya,
Garoulady

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! Just the most incredible luck! I wish these things would happen to me too!

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pics also what type of coins you never mention. no mention of what coins and no pics. seems fishy to me.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pics also what type of coins you never mention. no mention of what coins and no pics. seems fishy to me.

Lay off!

Are you a computer program, or are you a human. Seems fishy!

Not everyone takes a photo of every coin score. Just take the story for what it is.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that's luck! A similar thing happened to me last week, whilst I was finishing dumping, an old guy of about 80 walked up to me and asked how to use the counter. He was holding a box. He said they were his sister's coins from an estate, she had recently passed. I started to salivate, wondering of the treasure he held. He opened the box and there were tupperwares and a few old purses full of coin. "She was quite the collector", he said.
He proceeded to dump coin in the hopper and I noticed they were clad dimes. He let me peek inside the purses, they were full of newer nickels and clad quarters. She had also collected gold presidential dollars, all of which were in airtites.
Talk about a letdown.

OP
OP
T

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
To the folks that must have photos. The coins were mercs and rosies and washingtons. I am not great a taking photos and downloading. If and when I get time to do so I will. I am lucky to even be posting at all, I have a tree service and with the hit of SANDY on longisland I just have been over run with work. I told a couple of my pickup banks to hold off for awhile. HH to all and good luck.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People just don.t know thats why we find silver every week. sweet:thumbsup:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Right place, right time, thats what it's all about, nice job Treeslayer! HH, Maverick.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
To the folks that must have photos. The coins were mercs and rosies and washingtons. I am not great a taking photos and downloading. If and when I get time to do so I will. I am lucky to even be posting at all, I have a tree service and with the hit of SANDY on longisland I just have been over run with work. I told a couple of my pickup banks to hold off for awhile. HH to all and good luck.

Ignore the trolls, treeslayer.

Good job at least trying to do the right thing. :thumbsup:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep it never fails to amaze me how little some people know about coins! lucky for us!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's luck! A similar thing happened to me last week, whilst I was finishing dumping, an old guy of about 80 walked up to me and asked how to use the counter. He was holding a box. He said they were his sister's coins from an estate, she had recently passed. I started to salivate, wondering of the treasure he held. He opened the box and there were tupperwares and a few old purses full of coin. "She was quite the collector", he said.
He proceeded to dump coin in the hopper and I noticed they were clad dimes. He let me peek inside the purses, they were full of newer nickels and clad quarters. She had also collected gold presidential dollars, all of which were in airtites.
Talk about a letdown.

Wow that's rough!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread