Jadee

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2020
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy one but need to do research
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently found these Lake Superior Agates in Dakota County, Minnesota: IMG_1100.JPG IMG_1101.JPG IMG_1103.JPG IMG_1106 best pic.jpg

:happysmiley:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great agates, Congrats! Grew up in Dakota County and only found smaller agates, you've done well!

Upvote 0

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The glacier brought those agates down into the US but missed where I live. None in IL. They ended up farther west unfortunately. They sure are nice and I wish they were in our glacial till. Gary

Upvote 1

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The glacier brought those agates down into the US but missed where I live. None in IL. They ended up farther west unfortunately. They sure are nice and I wish they were in our glacial till. Gary
I guess I’ll have to eat my words now. Never say never! I’ve walked the river looking for arrowheads and rocks for 40 yrs and never found an agate before now. I hope I can find another!

Upvote 2

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you guys help identify this stone please. My wife found it at a local farmer's market and the young man said he thought it is an agate. It weighs 3 pounds 3 ounces.

agate1.jpg

agate2.jpg

agate3.jpg

agate4.jpg

Upvote 0

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m no agate expert, just a beginner. I found my first one recently. Your rock has “the look” of something good. Find someone with a big rock saw and have at it. I was at the river yesterday and found a rock sort of similar to yours. Time will tell when I cut it open.
IMG_4467.jpeg

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread