Landmine Detecting Drone

Cleggy

Greenie
Jan 31, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw Massoud Hassani on the internet and he has made a landmine detecting drone which can fly to a grid pattern If in the future a metal detecting company collaborated with him to make a metal detecting drone then you could site back and wait as the drone flies up and down the field GPS marking the targets. You could cover a field in hours rather than weeks!

mill6.jpg
11e70a88a3e49b4226738d74293fda87_original.gif

I would call it the ‘Hoard Hunter’
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/massoudhassani/mine-kafon-drone?token=4a3c87bf

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have a few questions one in particular. A ton of land mines are made in China with almost NO metal involved. I fail to see how a metal detector from any distance except right on top of a target would detect anything.
I wouldn't be surprised if a MD coil followed similar devices where the coils strength diminishes to the square of distance. But hey, I'm just a Grunt.
Maybe someone with mine detecting experience could add to this.

I once played with the idea of a land mine with a limited life. Military use of mines is often to insure escape during retreat and don't need to be armed forever. There are exceptions but my idea was during the arming process the mine would break a beaker or tube of an acid formulated to destroy the firing mechanism over a given time. Seems the UN would welcome something that disarms itself.

I heard someone was actively working on a similar idea. Don't know anymore than that.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that must be a powerful drone.

that may work for military ?
because their GPS points are probably Spot on or Close.

7.8 meter = 25.5906 feet
2.168 meter = 7.11286089 feet

Several Targets in a Short area may Overlap

The U.S. government is committed to providing GPS to the civilian community at the performance levels specified in the GPS Standard Positioning Service (SPS) Performance Standard. For example, the GPS signal in space will provide a "worst case" pseudorange accuracy of 7.8 meters at a 95% confidence level. (This is not the same as user accuracy; pseudorange is the distance from a GPS satellite to a receiver.)

The actual accuracy users attain depends on factors outside the government's control, including atmospheric effects, sky blockage, and receiver quality. Real-world data from the FAA show their high-quality GPS SPS receivers attaining better than 2.168 meter horizontal accuracy, 95% of the time.

may be good to suggest they are there.
just saying. I wouldn't want to go on that info alone.
to find a path through a land mine field :tongue3:

GPS.gov: GPS Accuracy

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cleggy

Greenie
Jan 31, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care that it was made to look for Landmines!

I use a 15 inch coil because it can see deeper over long grass and Mr Hassani said it can deep search 5m into the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions