Lanny's Book

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
(I thought I'd post this here as well as on Metal Detecting For Gold thread.)

Well, at long last the book has started. I never realized how many stories I had filed away or how many stories I've posted over the years on the Internet, and it's a bit of a slog to get things organized, but it's coming together. As for how long it will take, I don't know, but I may have to release my stories in different segments as I can't see how I'll get them all in one book.

All the best to those of you lucky enough to chase the gold in warmer locations (I only get into the desert seasonally for short bursts of time during our northern winters), but I love chasing gold in the desert, and I love the rich history of mining I find there.

The most recent hunts have been in Nevada, and Nevada is absolutely amazing as it's rich with mineral deposits right from the bottom (by California and Arizona) to the top (California, Oregon, Idaho).

Lots and lots of places to look for gold in Nevada, and I can easily hop over to California and Arizona as well while visiting in the bottom part of the state of Nevada.

All the best, and good luck with finding the gold,

Lanny

Upvote 7
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lanny , I'm chomping on the bit for when your book is in print ! Thankyou for doing this for us !
Thanks for that, and thanks for letting me know you want to read it when it comes out, really appreciate that!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hurry up! We will all be like kids asking "Are we there yet?" until we get our copies!
Thanks Vance, I'm starting to understand how time consuming it is to write a book, so not sure how long it will take, but I'm knocking it off one page at a time.

Thanks for your note, and all the best,

Lanny

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lanny, put me on the list for a book when its done. Your very valuable advise helped me to find gold when I first started out and I am sure I will learn a lot more from your writings. Time for you to burn that midnight oil.
GM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread