Large Cent hunting in heavy iron, help!

brschroeder

Greenie
Jun 19, 2023
I’m in a site that proven to be very productive but is also iron heavy. I have the Nox 800 and I’m still fairly new to it. I’m running Andy Sabisch’s coin program and it works great picking out these coins. My issue now is I’ve found all the easy ones, but I know there are still some coins in the iron and I need to cut through it.
I’m wondering what other Nox 800 users have the FE bias set to, recovery speed. And then any other tips you can help me cut through the iron.
Thank you!!

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m in a site that proven to be very productive but is also iron heavy. I have the Nox 800 and I’m still fairly new to it. I’m running Andy Sabisch’s coin program and it works great picking out these coins. My issue now is I’ve found all the easy ones, but I know there are still some coins in the iron and I need to cut through it.
I’m wondering what other Nox 800 users have the FE bias set to, recovery speed. And then any other tips you can help me cut through the iron.
Thank you!!
I have used the 800 to find coins in heavy iron areas. Depends on depth of the coins. Dial back sensitivity a bit on each sweep. I found a 1805 large cent with sensitivity at 16 but you need to sweep "very" slowly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread