Last hunt of the year and two old copper pop up!

4dd3

May 2, 2016
Sweden
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out to the same old field today for the years final hunt. Resulted in two very cool copper coins. 1/2 skilling 1800 and 1/4 skilling 1802 (in good condition).
The weather finally beat me. It was cold and windy. Probably just one or two degrees C. skillings2.jpg skillings3.jpg

Video from the hunt:

Upvote 9

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! That wind can really take low temps and make them feel a lot worse. Cheers to the season!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so cool! Congrats on some well preserved 216 year old copper coins! :treasurechest::occasion14:

fredbug 67

Oct 12, 2013
Mahwah,NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -XP Deus-
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have to love it when they scrape off the top layer exposing the deeper, older coins and relics! Nice old coppers you recovered. Not in too bad condition. Wish I could find large cents in that decent condition. Nice job!

OP
OP

4dd3

May 2, 2016
Sweden
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have to love it when they scrape off the top layer exposing the deeper, older coins and relics! Nice old coppers you recovered. Not in too bad condition. Wish I could find large cents in that decent condition. Nice job!

Yeah, It really got me excited to go out there and hunt before the ground gets frozen. These two copper coins really made my day. Thanks for commenting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread