Last Hunt?

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here I am, yesterday, out in a chiseled corn field looking for an old house site. Listed on the 1875 plat book but nowhere to be found in the field. I usually see broken dishes, glass, and bits of brick to find the long gone houses but this one has me stumped. I can find the barn area, lots of iron bits from farm equip. This may be my last hunt for spring. Last permission of mine not planted and it will be within days. Maybe find it this fall. How do you like my hunting wheels? If it's under a mile from home I usually take the tractor. Gary

DSC09698.JPG

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly hope you find your foundation.

Love your mode of transport. :thumbsup: It lets people know you're a local and might get you more permissions than driving a Bently!:laughing7:
(You can always follow your trail home later with a detector when things get slow to see what may have bounced out of your pockets.:laughing9:)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have you tried overlaying your map to a modern one? Just a thought. Love the ride :icon_thumright:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I was about 13 one of my classmates there in Kewanee, Ill got to school on a rig similar to yours, but it was a bit older and had much taller wheels.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck you will find clues when your near it I like the map overlay idea . Love the ride thats pretty cool

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for the highest point in the field.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you can find the right spot. Maybe try Google maps?

OP
OP
ToddsPoint

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all. Yes, there is a ridge maybe 100-150 yds. long. The barn definitely on the north end of the ridge. So I move south looking for the house and I start running out of targets fairly quickly. Not really any other place for a house. It's getting planted in beans so the mystery will continue until Sept. and harvest. Gary

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably pretty close to the well. Water ain't light. Find the well and I bet FRNs to donuts you'll be in a good spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread