Last Missouri hunt and a Merc!! This time.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with Russell today in Springfield. We took off on a random search.
First We scored two older 20’s homes with large yards. Think the area had been picked over pretty good. He got 1 Wheat, but the rest of both yards were empty.
I got out by the road on the curb strip close before We left and got a Nice signal close to their trash can. Popped out a 1919 Merc about 4” deep next to the sidewalk and in front of their trash can. Quite a surprise, Nice surprise!!
We packed up and headed out randomly looking for another place to hunt. We got in a different are of town, and about the same age of homes. We scored 2 and took off. The first was empty like the last. I got a scotch whisky charm that’s on a bottle. He got another Wheat. I went down on the curb strip and got My coil over another Indian!! 1904 about 4 1/2” deep. The next yard Russell got a Sterling collar pin. Nothing else. A few pieces of clad.
Headed to the last yard and the guy said sure , but it’s been hunted before about 5 years ago. We took off and hunted anyway. All I found was Clad. Russell got a scratchy signal he wasn’t sure about so I checked it and it sounded like an Indian. I kept detecting and a few minutes later he hollered over and it was a 1903 Indian!!
Sweet!!! We both got Silver and an Indian!!! The Owl at top is a watch fob. I broke the top part off getting it out😳 Hope all Our hunts together will be this productive 😁 Silver #39fty!! Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!!!!
IMG_6650.jpeg
IMG_6651.jpeg
IMG_6652.jpeg
IMG_6653.jpeg
IMG_6655.jpeg

No writing on either backside. Looks to have been a pin with a post in the center of the eyeball at one time.

Last edited:
Upvote 19

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a cool bunch of finds for just random hunts. Springfield has quite a bit of history and some nice old homes.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great teamwork
Congratulations .
Your determination to go to multiple places rewards you