Latest effort in detector prototype/modification.

Ty

Oct 12, 2004
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's IDX, Custom Water Detector, White's Coinmaster, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Created this for use in construction/demo sites. Features dual disc, instant sensitivity reduction (about half) very good iron reject, ultra-ultra slow auto-tune, and the ability to utilize almost any 8 to 12 kHz coil (with proper adapter) and currently features a Tesoro 8" open coil that I've owned since 1983. Works well and detectrs a buried dime to about 8". Desigined to dig some goodies out of iron at decent depths. See photos for details.

Not for sale, not connected to any detector manufacturer, and is a work in progress including the addition of on-board charging and a couple of other refinements plus any mods I may think about to improve it in the future.

HH,
Ty

Attachments

• TD1.jpg
    TD1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 995
  • TD2.jpg
    TD2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,286

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Looks great, Ty!

Sure you wouldn't like to build a few extras? Hey... 'tis the season! ::)

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the control box remind me of....Tecknetics Surf and Turf ?
Very nice job. I'd be a little worried about about losing it in the grass though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread