Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got a good pic of Indian Head Rock east of Binger, OK. Stopped by the Ft. Supply cemetery and paid my respects. Lot of history in Western Oklahoma you don't really hear about. 'Civilization' was basically brought to the western part of the state by land run and lottery, around the start of the 20th century, by people who couldn't make it somewhere else. But their descendants made damn sure you knew THEIR family came there in 1901 and settled this country. My family got moved over into what is now Oklahoma in the mid-1800's and my ancestors were born on that land before those people ever showed up with their plows and caused that dust bowl. I do have to admire folks who load up everything and move to a strange land and actually carve out a living, but I never liked having it waved in my face every day.

Attachments

• 6-3b.jpg
    6-3b.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 6-3f.jpg
    6-3f.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 6-3g.jpg
    6-3g.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 6-3h.jpg
    6-3h.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 44
  • 6-3j.jpg
    6-3j.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 43

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have some great memories from living in Oklahoma. My daughter was born an Okie. I miss seeing the rose rocks, roadrunners and horny toads!:laughing7: I learned to bass fish in Oklahoma. I have fished many, many lakes there but Eufala has a special place in my heart. #9 Landing was the spot we always went camping at on Lake Eufala. Thank you for posting pics from there and jogging my memory!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it here but haven't really been to western Oklahoma. I am here in North Eastern Oklahoma. Nice pics

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Oklahoma had been settled and civilized LONG before that land rush by people whose lands had been stolen and they had been moved by force to the "territory".

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, Texas originally went waaayyyyyy up and out from where it is today.

The Republic of Texas - 1846.jpg

Another "less" complex view:
The Republic of Texas (simple map) - 1846.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions