Legends

ladyliegh

Sep 17, 2012
SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FarmerChick, There was a roof over it the last time I saw it, a few years ago. It had been deteriorating quite a bit due to weather conditions.
I did have the good fortune to visit it one time, when they had painted white in all the markings, you could really see the complicated designs.

ladyliegh

Sep 17, 2012
SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SpiritRelic, Lol! thought I was on the topic of legends?
I am familiar with the legend Of pus sy willow tree, same as the story FarmerChick told.
The willow contains something similar to aspirin & the branches are used to make real Dream-catchers (not the cheap imitations)
The Pus sy willow tree is also known as Goat willow tree.
That might have saved you some trouble Spirit. 8-) ...

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick, There was a roof over it the last time I saw it, a few years ago. It had been deteriorating quite a bit due to weather conditions.
I did have the good fortune to visit it one time, when they had painted white in all the markings, you could really see the complicated designs.

just seems odd to me. being SO OLD and obviously needing translation etc. you would think this would be in a museum with archeologist swarming all over it. huh
would love to see it tho

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
I'm trying to piece together a story and get everything ripped away.I'm just moving on.I can see what Mr.Leary had to go through now.I wasn't pushing nothing.You can't even talk about counter culture.You people should pack up and just move to Russia.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
legend has it Lake Michigan was actually called Balsum Lake It has said that many many years ago when the first Indians were settling in Wisconsin a few of them were crawling threw the reeds of swamp land and moving the reeds for a better look he turned to his friends and said "Balsum lake":laughing7:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pu ssy willows you speak of, the ones I know of anyway, look like this. The other willows that hang over water we just call willow trees.

1212.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread