Like they say folks....hunker down....here it comes !!

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to fill up the tub at the last second....extra water is good even if you only use the tub water for rinsing and washing. You can boil and drink it if you were forced to by circumstances.

I have a 100 gal tub bladder. Fill it and you can use it for drinking/cooking water and to flush the toilet. All these silly people rushing to buy bottle water when the tap water is basically free and a good bladder cost $26 and is reusable. I also have a solar shower, propane gen, 120 gal propane, propane grill, old style perk coffee pot, 4 - 12 gauge extension cords 50' and 100'. A case of batteries and flashlights, solar powered radio, 4 floor fans, a case of Bic lighters, 2 gal Vodka, and 3 gal tonic, a pantry and freezer full of food, 9 guns and 1000 rounds of ammo and 15 solar lights. Been there, done that, got the T-shirts.

Last edited:

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 100 gal tub bladder. Fill it and you can use it for drinking/cooking water and to flush the toilet. All these silly people rushing to buy bottle water when the tap water is basically free and a good bladder cost $26 and is reusable. I also have a solar shower, propane gen, 120 gal propane, propane grill, old style perk coffee pot, 4 - 12 gauge extension cords 50' and 100'. A case of batteries and flashlights, solar powered radio, 4 floor fans, a case of Bic lighters, 2 gal Vodka, and 3 gal tonic, a pantry and freezer full of food, 9 guns and 1000 rounds of ammo and 15 solar lights. Been there, done that, got the T-shirts.

( fist bump )

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haaa ha......looks like were clear. Still watching and waiting but looks a lot better for me. Glad I didn't freak out and do a bunch of work on all the boats I care for. Thinking about a labor day hurricane party now. Standing by to stand by !! First to put up shutters and first to take them down when the storm misses us.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still having a MRE for lunch in honor of Dorian !!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm all set, other than I have no generator.
The neighbor said they have 4 (2 motor homes, full house, & an extra), so I can at least run a drop cord over there.....
The freezer/fridge is full. Plenty of ice, water, food, batteries, rechargers, both vehicles gassed, extra 15 gallons in gas cans.
Got the coffee carafe, in case I have to brew coffee in the truck, lol.
Also got PLENTY of Code Rum rum.... ;D (say "Hey" to Johnny, if you see him around)…. :laughing7:

I have options, too.... stay, leave, go a little ways, go a long ways away, go north, go south....
I like options. ;D

You all be safe up there! Report in as/when you can!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wait.... I'm getting Blak Bart mixed up with Ropefish…. :BangHead:

Sorry bout that.... :laughing7:

hurricane brain...… :laughing7:

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haaa ha......looks like were clear. Still watching and waiting but looks a lot better for me. Glad I didn't freak out and do a bunch of work on all the boats I care for. Thinking about a labor day hurricane party now. Standing by to stand by !! First to put up shutters and first to take them down when the storm misses us.

You are never clear until it passes. Hurricane Charlie was 90 miles off the west coast heading for Tampa when at the last minute decided to turn East and clobber Punta Gorda 110 miles South. So you never know.... Stay safe.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wait.... I'm getting Blak Bart mixed up with Ropefish…. :BangHead:

Sorry bout that.... :laughing7:

hurricane brain...… :laughing7:

No problemo.....its not the first time. Cant think of a better person to be confused with. Wish I could find 40+ cobbs in a day !! Lol !!
Stay safe pat-tekker-cat !!

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm watching the weather channel now. All kinds of speculating at this time what will do. Hopefully it'll decide to leave you alone there Black Bart. Overheard this morning a visiting Floridian telling someone else at the grocery store you wanna fill up your bathtub before you bug out, so ya got reserve of water when you return.

That might work but if the surge goes over the sides of the tub you are screwed. But, you can always drink from your home water heater tank in a pinch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread