LilClanker & I (MDerStEvO) hunting in Italy....

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lil'Clanker & I (MD'erStEvO) hunting in Italy....

Today my son and I went out back again to hit up the 3/4 acre backyard. Lil'Clanker found 3 coins (2x1centEuro's, 1x5centEuro) while I only found (1x1centEuro). No matter how little the find, to see the smile on his face and the enjoyment he gets out of this hobby is P R I C E L E S S!!!!!! If anyone knows of a classifieds for metal detectors, please hit me up as I want to buy him a good used one for his first detector. He's using my other sons which was bought about 10 yrs ago and is for little kids. It works like a champ and only has an all metal mode, but he loves even finding junk.... Thanks in advance!!!! HH and GL..:thumbsup:

Upvote 2
Jan 31, 2015
Lower Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD

Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you look on ebay, you can find some decent ones for cheap. My son is just starting, I got him a Fisher F2. Pretty good for the money! I use an AT Gold, and his picks up almost everything mine does, as I follow behind him. It misses the real deep, or tiny targets like earring, but he found a buffalo nickel at 7"+. Good luck and glad you guys have fun!!!!

GL & HH

OP
OP
MD'erStEvO

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BLINGfromtheSWING,
Thanks for the info.... I'm just not sure I can trust people on ebay when buying electronics. I went ahead and gave him my Bounty Hunter Platinum 1yr old (very little use), and I bought me a brand new XP Deus 11" coil, SW5 Headphones..... I loved the Bounty Hunter and know that he will too. I took him out Sunday and he found about 20 pieces of metal and nails buried 12" deep on most targets. He loved it and we helped clean out our Landlords pasteur. lol... All is well. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

Jan 31, 2015
Lower Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD

Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you do buy on eBay, just be sure they have a return policy. That way you get 14 days to test it out. I bought a spare ATpro used on there and it works like a champ. Not the cheapest machine, but I enjoy it......and usually out perform my buddy with a minelab Safari....but again, its about the hunter, not the detector. Good Luck!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't forget to check the classified ads on TNet.

Glad to see that the boy is finding treasure! Good luck tot he both of you!

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what it's all about! Good luck finding a new machine!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It wouldn't be a problem for me to sell you a machine, if I can still get a fair deal and you pay the fees to Italy. I will have a couple of used Euro Tek Pros to sell soon enough. In the past when I have shipped overseas I will pay for the applicable charges of what it would cost to ship in the U.S. and then anything beyond that, I will want the buyer to cover. The problem with overseas shipments is that it takes 4-8 weeks to get it there and to clear customs. I shipped a detector to South America and it only took 8 days to get there, but took another 3-4 weeks for customs to clear it. Another machine to central Europe took 6-8 weeks to clear. The only possible problem when I have shipped APO is that it will not be insured beyond the debarkation point.

BTW, curious if you are stationed with the 82nd there. I understand if it is COMSEC to tell me, but I had some friends that went there while I was stationed in Bragg back in the 90s' and your location reminded of how I was a 19 year old longing to go there.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions