tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a couple of these little flowers last weekend on a hillside outside of town. I look for artifacts on these hills that are barren of larger vegetation and mostly support short grasses, a type of prickly pear cactus, yucca plants. The second picture is what the hill looks like in November of last year with an arrow of where I saw this little flower on the hillside. Looking around I only saw one other flower like it. This little plant with this interesting blue flower is only 2, 3 inches tall and the blossom is around the size of a quarter.

Attachments

• little flower.jpg
    little flower.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • little flower hill.jpg
    little flower hill.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 79

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wildflowers are really amazing, aren't they? Humans spend countless hours and dollars trying to perfect what nature gives us with ease and abundance. Nice pics!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wildflowers are really amazing, aren't they? Humans spend countless hours and dollars trying to perfect what nature gives us with ease and abundance. Nice pics!
Maybe the stone age hunter gatherer was all we should have been content with :dontknow:. We still have a long ways to go before we out last the time it endured.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
We still would be hunter-gatherers if our women had not wanted something better than a cave, a separate room for junior, an end to our going out looking for food and hanging with our friends everyday, something like vegetables because she was tired of meat all the time and especially important, excess food, tools and mineral finds so that she could trade for that yellow soft metal that was easily workable and some shiny stones to mount in it. Then she would have more than the other women and they would be jealous of her. Started it all...

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean Austin. Mama and I just went to Costco. Had a conversation on the way as she was saying she'd like me to build a sunroom. I said that can be expensive. She said, but yeah wouldn't that be nice. I said how can it be affordable when just 2 days ago I said I think I should be looking to get a better truck and you said I don't think we should be doing that now until we can afford it. I said yeah everything that comes to your mind we can do, but when it comes to what I'd like, we can't do it ? She just said I think we're done with this conversation and we didn't start talking again til we got back on to what we like to have for the memorial day weekend at Costco.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest, what is a ''want'' as to what is a ''need''. Just a question, Would a new vehicle not be a tax write-off in your line of work?

I know what you mean Austin. Mama and I just went to Costco. Had a conversation on the way as she was saying she'd like me to build a sunroom. I said that can be expensive. She said, but yeah wouldn't that be nice. I said how can it be affordable when just 2 days ago I said I think I should be looking to get a better truck and you said I don't think we should be doing that now until we can afford it. I said yeah everything that comes to your mind we can do, but when it comes to what I'd like, we can't do it ? She just said I think we're done with this conversation and we didn't start talking again til we got back on to what we like to have for the memorial day weekend at Costco.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that the flower in question is Quincula lobata ''Purple Ground Cherry''

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest, what is a ''want'' as to what is a ''need''. Just a question, Would a new vehicle not be a tax write-off in your line of work?
Just the mileage I'm not reimbursed is a right off ... A nice and new won't be a candidate, as I run em pretty much in the ground. I think I got the issue with my current truck solved, so only 67K more to roll over it over to 400k. The longer they run the more I collect out of it. It was being a real bugger that last trip to your area if it didn't do what it was doing there in Laurel, I was going to head over to a start up mine over by Virginia City and maybe swing by your way back.. I guess my truck wasn't liking Montana, because when I got in to Wyoming it ran fine all the way home. The next morning at home it wouldn't even start for 2 days. The morning I was going to have it towed it fired right up. Took it in and it would not do its thing. I called a Ford shop and a 30+ year Ford mechanic said change the ignition control and if that doesn't do it, do the stator in the distributor. I did both. This is what the Ford guy said to do before I need to be looking at swapping the ECU the brain that control the engine. I've got my fingers crossed this thing is nipped in the bud finally. So far so good it's been running.

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was the last time that you changed the plugs? I had a motor that would run for a short while and die, I also noticed that the plugs would get real hot so I changed the plugs and it ran just fine. Just a suggestion!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was the last time that you changed the plugs? I had a motor that would run for a short while and die, I also noticed that the plugs would get real hot so I changed the plugs and it ran just fine. Just a suggestion!
Maybe 40-50K ago. You can tell when those are going bad, as it doesn't start as easy and it'll miss going up a steep hill. The time I did change them it was hard to believe it even ran at all, as the electrode's were like stubs of metal, but that is something I'll maybe be doing this weekend. I believe the last change the plugs had over a 100K on then. Put on the analyzer did say all cylinders were firing, but it wouldn't analyse that intermediate issue. That would just happen far and away from any way to diagnose it. Maybe I'll go back with an old fashion normally aspirated early 1980ish, Chevy with a 350 small block so I can solve & fix everything myself with all that room to work around and pickup parts in just about every town I go by. With that I could put collector tags on and be exempt from the emissions cost and every two year testing. Had to buy a new CAT on the last test this thing went through.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The old days when we could sit UNDER the hood and work on the old truck ourselves...there was always just 4 or 5 things it could be cause there were no sensors or relays or exhaust monitors, computers or any of the other CRAP on today's "status symbols" ( they aren't really trucks if you don't get them off the road or haul something are they? ).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread