Local drugstore bottle and an ink

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing more holes this this weekend and dug a few nice ones, at least for me. One is an unmarked conical ink. Thought it was a broken bottle base as it was sideways in the sidewall and as I dug around it fell out rather easy. So it was a nice surprise. This is the third one from this property, the others are Carter's but this one is unmarked but has a light aqua color, the nicer example of the three.

DSC00021.JPG lll.JPG

The second piece that really excited me was a local druggist bottle. I have found one before but it was broken and had to be repaired....yes I repair bottles:laughing7: but it was found on a historically protected site that I was volunteering my screening time on. I admit I was a little jealous over that one, for it then belonged to the preservation group. It is not necessarily a rare bottle but it ties in well with the area that I have lived and dug in for the past 37 years, and with the exception of that other broken one, I haven't seen another one.. I think only a tippecanoe could have made me feel more stoked. It is just one of those sentimental moments I guess.Excuse me as I go admire it a little more:laughing7:

zzcxds.JPG jjjj.JPG

Upvote 5

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Village...
You would have loved this one spot I found behind on old mill that was on a river in S.C. years ago...
Bet it is still there...
Loaded with bottles...
I detected but when digging I would find em almost every time I dug...
My theory was that the workers in the mill would have a hangout by the river and discard them there...
All types of bottles... from makeup milk glass to drink... to medicines...
I kept a few for years and later gav them away to someone who collected them.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool to find a bottle your close too. We are in the same boat here. I have a lot of local drug store bottles that I have been able to buy from e-bay. But we have only found broken ones in the wild!!! Someday!!!!! Love that ink as well!!!!:occasion14:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DAG GONE NUT IS THERE ANYTHING YOU HAVENT DUG UP . NICE OLD INK WELL AND BOTTLES.

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool to find a bottle your close too. We are in the same boat here. I have a lot of local drug store bottles that I have been able to buy from e-bay. But we have only found broken ones in the wild!!! Someday!!!!! Love that ink as well!!!!:occasion14:

I have bought one on ebay from our neighboring town and that bottle is pretty cool, it comes up for auction every blue moon and I just found a shard of one a few weeks ago and knew exactly what it was when I saw the fragment. It is so different to dig a local bottle though, you would think they were plentiful, but this was no big city and being in the right spot at the right time just doesn't happen every day. Thanks b-man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread