Looking for help ID’ing a find

Phil123

Jul 23, 2023
First of all, I can’t believe a place exists where people like me, the same narrow fixation on fur trade artifacts and history. Thanks for existing because I am stumped on this one.

This comes from a Huron / Iroquoien site (or near one) that saw trade with French between 1600-1649. Unfortunately there is modern farm / garage contamination there too.

I found assorted pottery in a nearby creek and this a foot down half way up the embankment.

It’s not sharpened and about 8-10 cm in length and ~3cm at widest point. Forged iron. Has a rectangular punch hole through the pointed end. Seems too heavy to be an arrow head and too not like any spear point I’ve found.

Stumped! Help? Ideas?

Very grateful! Happy hunting.
IMG_0224.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0197.jpeg
    IMG_0197.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Upvote 1
OP
OP
P

Phil123

Jul 23, 2023
First of all, I can’t believe a place exists where people like me, the same narrow fixation on fur trade artifacts and history. Thanks for existing because I am stumped on this one.

This comes from a Huron / Iroquoien site (or near one) that saw trade with French between 1600-1649. Unfortunately there is modern farm / garage contamination there too.

I found assorted pottery in a nearby creek and this a foot down half way up the embankment.

It’s not sharpened and about 8-10 cm in length and ~3cm at widest point. Forged iron. Has a rectangular punch hole through the pointed end. Seems too heavy to be an arrow head and too not like any spear point I’ve found.

Stumped! Help? Ideas?

Very grateful! Happy hunting.
View attachment 2095245
Not Huron. Neutrals, south of the Huron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread