Looking for some advice

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an item on eBay that I was leery about putting up because of the price I finally got an offer on it for a nice amount of money I was just wondering how would you guys handle the shipping on this item to lessen the chances of being scammed very nervous about this one thank you any advice would be appreciated

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the size and value of the item. Coins jewelry and watches I sell with no returns in BIG BOLD LETTERS
I get paid in advance and ship Fedex Signature required. I can sniff a scammer fairly well and have not had any problems with big ticket items.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really depends on the kind of item and the dollar amount involved. Putting "no returns" on your eBay listings won't really do anything since eBay makes it easy for buyers to do returns anyway. Without more info, I'd say send it USPS Registered Mail and buy postal insurance (USPS insurance, not the third-party insurance, I think offered by Asurion). Registered Mail means each step of the way it is kept under lock and key and each time a postal worker touches it, they have to sign a log indicating as such.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Depends on what you mean by a nice amount of money. I've sold many items in the $300-1500 range without any issues. Ones at the higher end of that range I send signature confirmation and sometimes I get insurance. Putting no returns doesn't do anything. If the buyer wants to send it back all they have to do is say the item was not as described.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have sold things up to $1300 and I always put signature required with insurance with no problems this item is a diamond ring with a single stone custom design offers 3000 I have two appraisals for it from the same company one which I will keep for my records and the other I will mail with the item my concern is they get it switch out the diamond but with all of that said I think I'll take the chance and hope for the best but with eBay's return policy like everybody says it makes it too easy for somebody to return something

They been a member since 2008 but only have 32 feedback and no purchases within the last year

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have enough pictures and measurement, take more.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Sold a bracelet for $4K on eBay. I checked the buyers LinkedIn profile and history and what she sold previously. Did FedEx with Signature and insurance. No issues.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it shipped with registered mail and insurance restrictions only buyer can sign for it keep my fingers crossed

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Video the whole process of packaging it up with clear shots of the item and weighing the package on video so you have a record of what was shipped.
Ship it USPS Priority insured with recipient's signature.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sold a bracelet for $4K on eBay. I checked the buyers LinkedIn profile and history and what she sold previously. Did FedEx with Signature and insurance. No issues.

I know the bracelet of which you speak :D The flip of all flips!

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet still waiting on it to be delivered registered mail to only the buyer

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deliver four days ago and still no feedback left even sent a message

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have proof of delivery, so I wouldn't worry about it. Not everyone is going to leave feedback.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
If tracking shows it was delivered NEVER contact the buyer. It doesn't pay to poke the bear.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have proof of delivery, so I wouldn't worry about it. Not everyone is going to leave feedback.

I would agree but I had an incident with some Legos I sold 42 pounds and with eBay's return policy which sucks they almost gave him a full refund when he try to send back two pounds of it and claim that it was 42 pounds because that's what the label said and I took pictures of the size of the box on opened and eBay did not care so with big sales I'd like to wait for a feedback or the 30 days before withdrawing the money to be on the safe side I'm sure all is well just being precautions

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 31 days and no word [emoji106]🏻

Top Member Reactions