Looking for WNC treasure hunters

May 11, 2023
I'm a treasure hunting/ prospecting enthusiast in the Hickory area and I'm looking to join a local club or find some fellow hunters.
I've been fascinated with treasure legends and gold since I was a child thanks to my grandpa's obsession with NC treasure and his attempts to crack the Beale Ciphers .
I'm not from this area originally, so I'd like to connect with some people who are or have some sites in mind.
So if anyone is looking for an enthusiastic hunter, I'm your guy. I have some prospecting equipment and an old Fisher 1212x.
Hope to hear from yall
Happy hunting!

MetalPapa

Jun 30, 2023
I'm a treasure hunting/ prospecting enthusiast in the Hickory area and I'm looking to join a local club or find some fellow hunters.
I've been fascinated with treasure legends and gold since I was a child thanks to my grandpa's obsession with NC treasure and his attempts to crack the Beale Ciphers .
I'm not from this area originally, so I'd like to connect with some people who are or have some sites in mind.
So if anyone is looking for an enthusiastic hunter, I'm your guy. I have some prospecting equipment and an old Fisher 1212x.
Hope to hear from yall
Happy hunting!
Hi, Iā€™m an enthusiastic hunter too. Will be in Boone NC between July 2-5th , will you be close and maybe like to do a hunt.
Thanks
MetalPapa
aka John Galog šŸ˜€

magjm

Sep 20, 2004
sylva, nc
Detector(s) used
E-Trac. Excal, XLT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know of no clubs close to you unless to the East. West-There have been clubs in the Asheville / Hendersonville area, but the most recent "WNC Metal Detecting" is on hiatus, as the president had surgery. However, we meet every now and then socially for a meal. I attend SCTAA in Greer SC and live East of Waynesville. Maggie

Hope to hear from yall
Happy hunting!

Mar 22, 2024
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope to hear from yall
Happy hunting!
Hi!

I'm a relatively new detectorist in Asheville, NC... I may be really bad at searching for hobby-based social things, but I've still not found anything organized in WNC -- I was happy to see your post. I'm looking for community as well. Message if you'd like to connect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread