Looking into purchasing Under Water Detector

Brewha08

Mar 20, 2016
Martha's Vineyard
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for some opinions on under water machines, Pros/Cons and what you use. I currently use a Minelab Etrac for my land machine and it does very well on the salty sands however, I am hoping to get into the water this season and do some looking along the shorelines.
Im open to all brands,
Thanks in Advance!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Excalibur!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you don't plan on plunging in very far [under 5 ft], AT pro is worthy of consideration, and considerably cheaper than most others.

OP
OP
Brewha08

Brewha08

Mar 20, 2016
Martha's Vineyard
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im hoping to get into deeper stuff eventually, my friends use the AT PRO but seem to sometimes have issues with how salty the conditions on where I am from. I will be almost strictly hunting saltwater if that makes a difference.

Ive been checking out some videos and the Excal seems pretty nice however I am going to dig pretty deep into reviews and specs of all machines before purchasing something

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking neck deep or scuba. Give a depth because some machines are only rated to certain depths.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope these help!

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I have heard great things on the excal. I guess depth would matter, but the rule of thumb for depth for the land and water detectors is up to 10 feet. Whites mx sport, ctx of course, and the new equinox would fit this bill.

I don't live near the ocean and i have the etrac. I love it, but i need something to hunt the rivers and streams here. So one of the above land/water detectors is the way I plan on going.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread