Looking to become a BILLIONAIRE

USMC/CWO-4

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2024
Retired 30 year career Marine CWO-4 living in Tampa and looking for extra income via metal detecting! (LOL) (and possibly friends to detect with) on my doctor's orders to get offa' my ass and do something!
Several years ago I bought a Minelab Explorer SE Pro and a Whites DFX 300, played with them and went over to several local beaches and the only thing I found .. nothing, NADA!, not even a pull tab so hid them in the closet!
I'd really like to find a beach bum to go detecting with and help me find that BILLION $$$ cache...

CAUTION: I drink beer and Bourbon & smoke big nasty cigars and tell sea stories ..Your forewarned!

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired 30 year career Marine CWO-4 living in Tampa and looking for extra income via metal detecting! (LOL) (and possibly friends to detect with) on my doctor's orders to get offa' my ass and do something!
Several years ago I bought a Minelab Explorer SE Pro and a Whites DFX 300, played with them and went over to several local beaches and the only thing I found .. nothing, NADA!, not even a pull tab so hid them in the closet!
I'd really like to find a beach bum to go detecting with and help me find that BILLION $$$ cache...

CAUTION: I drink beer and Bourbon & smoke big nasty cigars and tell sea stories ..Your forewarned!
Welcome to the site! Youre definitely in the right state for treasure.

CaNiDigHere?

Greenie
Jan 25, 2024

hello :) just to help out both them detectors are not really good on the beach ! the salt plays a role here. most salts do contain one or more metallic elements. In chemistry terms, a salt is often denoted as the product of an acid-base reaction. Sodium chloride, for example, is a product of the reaction between hydrochloric acid (a strong acid) and sodium hydroxide, as such the detector both yours are vlf and multi vlf have a hard time, i would suggest a {PI} or pulse induction detector. or something with FBS2 you will have better luck by far. and remember swing your coil flat with the ground do not life from right to left. and dig all targets this will increase your chances. you will find stuff give it time,

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...living in Tampa...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard and thanks for your service to our great country! Take a look at FORUM: FLORIDA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Welcome to the forum

I used the Minelab SE for years and hunted the beaches on the gulf side for a few years.
It can tell you it will hit a quarter at 10"+ no problem. There were some cases where I dug over a foot and I was thinking it was crazy depths.
Just the first 2.5 months of owning the machine I got over 800 coins, 6 golds, and a bunch of silvers.
So the machine does good on the sand.
I do believe the SE is a real good machine for silver overall on the land, even better then the ETrac or the CTX.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread