Looks like my coolest buffalo yet.. And I got it back in change from the gas station!

jimmyforgotten

Feb 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't believe it when I glanced at the change in my hand! It's been like 20 years since I last got a buffalo in change!

It's very worn in places, but it certainly is a 1926, and it appears to possibly be an "S". However, the bottom lip is considerably worn and the s is very faint. It's very cool none the less!

Along with the pictures of my buffalo, I'm posting a picture of a 1926 S mint mark in much better shape for comparison.

Hope you all have a great Easter weekend!

JF

1926 buffalo.jpg 1926 reverse 1.jpg 1926 reverse 2.jpg 1926 reverse 3.jpg

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, but I don't see any sign of an "s", except on the comparison coin. Nice find anyway.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jimmy, the only buff I ever got in change came from a gas station also. Cool when people don't care and just hand it over.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the buffalo. I remember getting a buffalo in my change at a Subway restaurant a few years ago. I think mine was a '35D or '36D - it sure was a nice surprise. Btw, that comparison buff is on a raised mound so it should be a 1913S T1.

And I just found a '36S buffalo earlier today myself in my wknd nickel box. Its always fun and a nice surprise finding buffalos. :)

HH!

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. A few months back I got two buffaloes and a wheat back in change over the span of a couple of days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread