Lost Adam's Diggings REINVIGORATION Brewing Inside Me

Ironwill

Jul 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have gotten really technical now :D Before, I would just follow the stories on Google Maps or Google Earth and then just scan for features while drinking some brewskies. Now, I've quit drinking almost a month (don't cheer, its not hard lol), and on a 1500 calorie diet (thats hard :( ). It's given me time to focus more with my free time. So now I've gotten technical, as I stated before. I've taken the stories and all pertinent information I can and I've plotted overlapping zones. Then within those zones I've created "SEARCH GRIDS" 10 miles x 10 miles, using path plotting in Google Earth. I'll then search each grid systematically for features and possibilities, and if found I'll mark the spot as a P.O.I. Once I have finished with those zones, I'll shade them out using a polygon tool so I don't go looking there again. Once I've close/focus viewed all of New Mexico's primary Adams areas, I can take the shaded areas off and start weighing the P.O.I.'s for a rating system from 1-10 (1 being not worth looking but interesting to 10 being WOW definitely boots on ground spot).

I'm heading out west in 2 years, and should have enough capital to sustain me the rest of my life living out of my super 4 runner...Iron Clad. I'll then search all of those spots prospecting/mining all of them that's possible (legal areas and such due to reservations)

Anyway back to work on the map...got a lot of grid coordinates to gather together ;)
Iron Will

OP
OP
Ironwill

Ironwill

Jul 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HRMM.png

Can anyone tell me what these are? I figured I might as well learn what I can about the desert before I get there lol

I figured some kind of irrigation channels or ruins?

OP
OP
Ironwill

Ironwill

Jul 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! This is a lot more involved than I thought lol Covered about 20% of the Primary zone of 50 miles x 40 miles. And then that accounts of about 10% of all the area I want to check for "redundancy" in all of N.M. So if I did my math right, that means I'm about 2% done scouring New Mexico for possible L.A.D. s in 3 days lol that means in half a year (given breaks) I'll have it all checked and noted. :-[:crybaby2:....:help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread