Love My Lady

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok it was last September my girl bought me a new T2 SE for my bday. Then last Christmas it was a Pro Pointer and a detecting journal and some reference material, this year I was shocked to see a beautiful hard cover Tice button book. I have been wanting this book but it's so damn expensive I hadn't pulled the trigger. To top it all off she bought me a waterproof pouch for my wallet and phone for my canoe trips and little portable phone charging port to carry with me if my battery dies. She knows I'm an idiot lol. So it's good that she takes care of me with this stuff. For anybody that loves buttons this Tice book is INCREDIBLE! I have the Alberts too which I love but this one has a lot of material that the other doesn't.
Merry Christmas All! I love seeing your posts and learn a lot from you guys every day. I truly hope we all have a very successful 2015 with lots of incredible finds. Happy Holidays, Abe image.jpg

Upvote 17

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Abe
Well i sure am glad your Lady did not buy you Golf Clubs for Your Birthday...or you be a very good golfer.
So seeing you got a metal detector instead....you had the best year of any rookie i`v ever seen on Tnet .
So Abe (Ahab8)
I`m entering you into " The Tnet Rookie of the Year 2014 Compaction " you tore it up this year.
Abe you have my vote my friend !
Gary

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary I certainly appreciate that. The respect of my buddies on Tnet is important to me. I want everyone to know that I do things the right way and I have a deep respect for history and these items. All of you have helped me immensely. And Gary........I suck at golf lol. Well I'm a bit inconsistent anyway. Especially now cause the T2 is my club of choice on my free days. Haven't touched the clubs since

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think there's a few out there right now getting a little green around the jowls reading about your present and wishing their Santa brought the same book and put it under the tree. Great thing about this is now everybody knows now that you're the to go to guy for an ID on a button.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring it on guys! I'll never be a Cannonballguy but I'll do my best to help out. I'd like to have to use for myself one day but the military buttons are a damn tough find here in Maine. I do have one precivil war navy button but that's it. And I found it in my new book :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'll get more use out of the coal. ;)

:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

If I lived closer to you I'd sneak some of it into your spandex while you were sleeping. Maybe mix it with some Ben Gay lol

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I lived closer to you I'd sneak some of it into your spandex while you were sleeping. Maybe mix it with some Ben Gay lol

You'd probably have a better chance of finding Rev War buttons there than in Maine. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd probably have a better chance of finding Rev War buttons there than in Maine. :laughing7:
Ok I can't argue with that lol. But I am going to a spot in Castine that might give me a VERY small chance

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So if you could only have one button book would it be your old one or the new one with just military buttons? Oh wait, nevermind. I just saw you new book goes through 1865 so that would be basically a coffee table book for me. I need a book that shows Levi's and Wrangler buttons.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Abe, you have a keeper for sure in your lady. We that are fortunate enough to have one that knows how much the hobby means to us and supports us in it, are very lucky. Mine always says " These just fascinate me " when I bring home an old round ball. I have the 1976 edition ( if my memory hasn't failed me ) of the Albert's book too, but it's a little tough to figure some of the references out! Hope your new one is better!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've got a helluva gal, Abe. She is as rare and desirable as the Pine Tree that you found, more so actually.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your blessed buddy, I'm glad she got you the waterproof stuff and that charger, don't forget the epipen!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on picking a winner of a girl! I bet she produces a high tone on the T2!
I hope that you have had a nice holiday. GL&HH.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Be better if She would dig for you!:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

You headed out today??

God Bless you and your Family

Chris

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your lady is an angel! You are Blessed!

Awesome book! You are now my go to button guru....now if I can just find button!

My family thinks I'm a nut ( I may be but that's not my point :laughing7: ) for detecting, their only question is "find any gold"? Not much else impresses them :BangHead:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
when a man has a woman that supports him in his hobbies and his walk in life, he is a winner. obviously she listens to you and cares enough to somehow research what you want or need. most guys end up with something that he has no use for. So, very blessed you are, there are bound to be a lot of jealous men out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread