Loving my new Impact

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only had my Impact for a few days. Just using factory settings for each mode and I've already found things in my yard missed by my other detectors including The Legend.

I spent a couple hours over the last few days going over areas that I've worked pretty heavy already and found many more targets. Today I worked a 3'x3' area and found what I think may be an iron cuff button and some other iron. I'm sure as I learn how to use it, I'll love the Impact even more.

IMG_20230615_174026610_HDR.jpg IMG_20230615_174012686_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
sibbley

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Turns out it's most likely a nail head.

OP
OP
sibbley

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used the IM19 7.5x4 coil today. Love it! I laid out a 4'x4' area to search and found 5 horse shoe nails and a hook thingy.

IMG_20230618_174153062_HDR.jpg

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the Impact since it first came out. I love the machine! It's my backup machine or a loaner for friends.

OP
OP
sibbley

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, now that you had more time with the Impact, how does it stand against your other more modern detectors?
I only use it for deep hunting now. I picked up the IM45 15x17.5 coil. I've been able to hit on dime size trash at 12-14 inches deep. Tones are loud and clear and vdi are comparable to the smaller Impact coils for the aluminum and iron I've found. Haven't found any keepers yet but it works well for the deeper stuff. With the IM45, the Impact is pretty heavy, so I don't swing it very long. Maybe 15-20 minutes at a time. I think in its current setup with the large coil, it would make a great hoard machine.

Honestly though, I think my Manticore with the 11" coil would hit the same items at the same depth. Just weaker signal and maybe no vdi. I still need to do a comparison of both machines.

Sensitivity and selectivity are decent on the Impact with the coils that come with the Pro Pack. My Manticore and Deus 2 are much better, but they're also much newer machines. Lose some selectivity with the large coil, but I'm looking for larger items so that's not a concern for me.

It has its place in my arsenal, definitely a keeper.

Minero

Greenie
Nov 28, 2016
Torreon, Coah. Mexico
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I only use it for deep hunting now. I picked up the IM45 15x17.5 coil. I've been able to hit on dime size trash at 12-14 inches deep. Tones are loud and clear and vdi are comparable to the smaller Impact coils for the aluminum and iron I've found. Haven't found any keepers yet but it works well for the deeper stuff. With the IM45, the Impact is pretty heavy, so I don't swing it very long. Maybe 15-20 minutes at a time. I think in its current setup with the large coil, it would make a great hoard machine.

Honestly though, I think my Manticore with the 11" coil would hit the same items at the same depth. Just weaker signal and maybe no vdi. I still need to do a comparison of both machines.

Sensitivity and selectivity are decent on the Impact with the coils that come with the Pro Pack. My Manticore and Deus 2 are much better, but they're also much newer machines. Lose some selectivity with the large coil, but I'm looking for larger items so that's not a concern for me.

It has its place in my arsenal, definitely a keeper.
Thank you appreciate your prompt reply.
Maybe might get a good deal on one, that is why I was asking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread