LR2000 update.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years back, TimC put together instructions on how to use the LR2000. I posted them. If you've been using them, you noticed they no longer work. ALAS! He is putting together new instructions. I will post them soon. He will again take callers to help them muddle through it. DO NOT call him directly anymore. He has serious failing health issues and spends lots of time taking care of them. I will take PMs and pass your phone to him. Incidentally, The open/closed section is still the best way to get info BUT The open/closed section is only updated every four months. If you want to get a jump on most, use the claim owner's name section. The "fees paid" section of the owner's name. It is posted every month, potentially giving you a three month head start on most queries. If the fees were not paid the last time it was posted, the claim is in default, making it a possible addition to your prospecting. ╦╦Ç

Last edited:
Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The open/closed section is only updated every four months. If you want to get a jump on most, use the claim owner's name section. The "fees paid" section of the owner's name. It is posted every month, potentially giving you a three month head start on most queries. If the fees were not paid the last time it was posted, the claim is in default, making it a possible addition to your prospecting. ╦╦Ç

you don't want to count on that timeline. they are entered different for each state office,
here in Oregon they post moneys received within a few days and
maintenance fee paid within a few weeks, and post assessments and/or wavers a week or so after that.
they post a claim as closed sometimes 6 months or more if you fail to file.

if a claim you are watching doesn't update or has money received a few weeks after Dec. 30th
you can put boots on the ground and post a location notice, then you have 60 to 90 days to file.(depending on state)
that will give you a jump on others, still have to watch for a curable defective filing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't count on it. they are entered different for each state office,
here in Oregon they post moneys received within a few days and
maintenance fee paid within a few weeks, and post assessments and/or wavers a week or so after that.
they post a claim as closed sometimes 6 months or more if you fail to file.

if a claim you are watching doesn't update or has money received a few weeks after Dec. 30th
you can put boots on the ground and post a location notice, then you have 60 to 90 days to file.(depending on state)
that will give you a jump on others and the claim flippers, especially the ones that live in DC or Florida
that never set foot on any of the claims they snatch up to sell on eBay...
Tnx for the response, Winner. I cannot dispute your post. As I said with the first LR2000 posting, these instructions may only relate directly to AZ as that is where Tim and I (and others he tutored) were interested in. If you checked the "closed" list for AZ, you will find 3 or 4 claims Tim and I had. He also told me today, that Yavapai County (AZ) has slightly different requirements. I am going to AZ in Feb. If luck is with me, I may claim another spot. ╦╦Ç

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a way to research out pending claims that are abt to close.. once you understand it you can figure out if someone is forfeiting their claim or is likely to do so. Beware though some people are on the ball and re claim their plot before the action takes place

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the old LR2000 i could download the a whole county, haven't figured how to do it now if its even possible ( SNAFU ), if some knows how drop me a jingle. Thanks johnnysau

Last edited:

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can select more than one township and range i believe.. maybe try that way although that would take a hell of a lot of time.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only way to know is to go to the county and check per claim if the owner has met their date obligation. For filing.

You can't tell if someone is going to abandon. Only if they have abandoned.

Never go by the BLM even in states where they seem to work quickly.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a way to research out pending claims that are abt to close.. once you understand it you can figure out if someone is forfeiting their claim or is likely to do so. Beware though some people are on the ball and re claim their plot before the action takes place

Anyone who lets their claim lapse and has to go relocate is hardly on the ball.

You have to re locate start all over...big waste of money. Though if someone only paying maintenance fees and not using their claim they must be used to wasting money.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen it..claim closed and same locator had new papers on the ground a day later. And yes there is a way. September stuff doesn’t update right away but you can see if either a payment or waiver has been filed in the notes.. non payment closures lag behind quite a bit on lr2000. There are a few out there right now showing active with no payments or waivers filed its just when the blm gets around to cleaning house it will show closed...

County doesn’t record maintenance fees btw around here at least..and waivers dont have to be filed with them unless its an affidavit of labor or notice of intent to hold and thats just due by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for all your efforts Terry. Give Tim our thanks for taking on this project! :thumbsup:

The new BLM LR2000 interface is a mess. It still has a lot of missing features and it's so slow it sometimes seems as if it has just frozen. Land Matters is working on an alternate portal that will allow you to do quick easy searches without the wait. In the meantime the Mining Claims maps give you direct access to the LR2000 without filling in any forms.

Land Matters tracks open/closed status on mining claims twice a month. Although it takes some states months or years (California) to update some claims status in no state do all claims take months to update the ACTIVE/CLOSED case status.

With more than 20,000 claims changing case their ACTIVE/CLOSED status in the last four months alone I doubt that any state BLM (except California) is ever months or even weeks behind on all the claims status.

Heavy Pans

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the only way to know is to go to the county and check per claim if the owner has met their date obligation. For filing.

You can't tell if someone is going to abandon. Only if they have abandoned.

Never go by the BLM even in states where they seem to work quickly.

Truer words were never spoken. :thumbsup:

The BLM is the first stop but never has the final answer.

Heavy Pans

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a good discussion with the Reno BLM office on what happens if maintenance payments aren’t made by Sept 01.

This isn’t about the Small Miner Waiver just the regular maintenance payments.

They said they will send a letter to the claim owner stating the claim is in a defective status.

The owner has 30 days upon receipt to respond.

If they failed to make their maintenance payment by Sep 01 and don’t have proof-positive (i.e. a Certified-mail proof of mailing) evidence they mailed the payment they will lose their claim.

The Reno BLM office said it’s generally after Jan 01 that the claim is adjudicated with their formal letter of defect.

We can expect the claim to enter a closed status a short time after the 30 days has expired.

One of the adjudicators said they are very cautious not to close claims too quickly... and try to give the claim owner as much latitude within the law as possible.

Again there is generally no way to correct a non-payment of maintenance fees and by February or so I would expect that claim to enter a closed status.

Location can be made prior to the closed status being reflected in LR2000 but we do run the risk of our location being declared deficient should the claim owner have a lawful reason for non-payment.

Clay Diggins please correct any errors in my statements.

Last edited:

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Note to paper-filers:

When I locate I take photos of the monument, the NOL and the land surrounding the monument.

I also keep my airline and rental car receipts and will haul any paper-filer straight into the county courthouse should I see them claim-jumping.

Have no doubt.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Had a paper filer right over the top of one of mine a few months back..has ignored certified letters so next is legal.

And the 30 day window is true I was at the blm last week and overheard an adjudicator explaining to a claim owner that his has been closed but will take 30 or so days to take effect and be reflected on lr2000

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread