Lt Col Harry F Cannon from the Real Eight

saltydog5

Aug 1, 2010
Don, you are so welcome and thank you, this site is quite interesting.I have some things from the 1960's which include the '65 National Geographic, the original "Real Eight" book signed by my uncle, a pie ce of eight that is quite heavy and an original replica crucifix made from a mold and from the real silver from the wreck,they broke the mold and I believe mine is the only one except the one in the museum.Any information on the value of the cross etc. would be helpful.Thanks,Salty Dog

saltydog5

Aug 1, 2010
We are trying to post pic's, didn't work the first time.I just saw the exact crucifix at the McClarty Museum in Sebastian Bch. Fl.Mine is actually in better shape since it's been in a safe box since the 1960's.These replicas were made from the original gold one and from the wreck silver. Mine does not have the pearls nor did it when I received it around '65-'66.The piece of eight I used to wear as a necklace but did not have the inclosure around the coin saudered as I did not want to ruin the integrity of the coin.Will get these pic's up later I hope.Thanks, Salty Dog

hannacannon

Jul 9, 2011
I am Harry Cannon's granddaughter. I see you have gotten a lot of information you have requested, but if I can help in any way, please let me know. His wife (my grandmother) is still with us and I would be happy to ask her any questions you may have. Also, if there is anything you would like to share with me, I would love to hear it. My grandfather passed away when I was 18, and though I learned a lot about him and his life, I was still young and took for granted the information about his life that I learned. I miss him dearly and always venture to learn more. Thanks for remembering him, he was an amazing person and grandfather!!

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I am aware, John Jones and Del Long are still alive and are the last two from Real Eight, Inc.

KatyMae

Mar 21, 2016
Hawaii
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi. I am looking for family members and/or photos of Del Long or Dan F. Thompson (original members of Real Eight). Anyone know how to reach them?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions