mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went up north and met up with (Jim) arizonaames269. we went to Oscada and Tawas and hunt the beaches. These beaches hve been hit hard in the past. As there was hardly any trash there. Wedid mnage to find a few coins. We also hunt a couple of beaches and a school yard close to his home. Betweem the both of us we did manage $12.10 in clad and one wheat penny looks like a 1952. It is corodie up will bad it is green in color so It is soaking now. 100_6368.JPG

Here is our coins finds. Jim total was $5.96 and mine was $6.15. Plus I did manage a couple of ear rings and a couple of cheap rings.

100_6365.JPG

Here is our trash finds, we manage to hunt around 9 hours in the day and half that I was there.

So now I am waiting for him to come down to Ohio and I can take him to a few places to hunt.

Attachments

• 100_6368.JPG
    100_6368.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_6365.JPG
    100_6365.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 260

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
helo, mlayers, My wife and I were up north camping a couple weeks ago with some friends. I had gotten in
touch with jim, too as He lives about 8 or 10 miles from where we usually camp. So we were out for part
of a day. We hit a beach at Skidway Lake but it, too, was pretty well hunted out. Although the day before,
he found a nice diamond Ring there. Then we hit a couple places at Standish. I didn't find much. Only 3
pieces of clad and some pull tabs. He did a little better than I did. Even though I didn't find much we
still had a good time. I enjoyed having a partner to hunt with and he also gave me a few tips that were
very helpful. We got in about 6 or 7 hours of hunting then I had to go back to camp. I had planned to have
another day to hunt with him but we had to come home a few days early because of wife's sister needed
surgery for a blocked artery in her neck. Our campground was on the shore of, a small fishing lake.
I found 1 nickle on the beach then started checking out in the water. They have about a 60 foot area
roped off for swimming where boats are not allowed. On my Ace 250 only the coil is waterproof so I didn't
go in over elbow deep. But in that small area going back and forth in about 21/2 hours a found about $2.65.
Tt was all clad, with some of the coins quite new. Some of them were very black and most of the others
real dark. I really had a ball there with so many in such a short space. I also found a child's ring at
the playground.

Well have a good day and Happy Hunting,

Ray

And hello there to you , too Mark (mpostma) How are things going up your way?

Happy Hunting to you too.

Ray

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Hey Ray!

I've had a great summer with the Quattro so far. More silver and indians than ever before. More coins over 100 years old than ever before.
August has been a little slower, too many things to catch up on, like you, after playing so much!

If you ever get up this far just let me know, I'd be happy to spend a day out finding oldies with you.

Good Luck,
Mark

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Mark, I would love to do it. Hopefully next summer. So far, i haven't found older than 1960,
I found a few mood rings, but no gold or diamond rings like everyone else seem too. Maybe I'll do
better next summer. I had planned to do a lot more detecting this summer but ended up doing too much
camping. LOL That kinda ruined several plans. LOL

Happy Hunting,

Ray

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
I'll look forward to it Ray.

This summer I've found IHs to 1876 up here, and lots of silver over 100 years old.

We have plenty of great campgrounds up here too.

Good Luck,
Mark

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Mark, I would probably be driving up from West Branch,, The campgrounds we use are THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURES and
are membership camps. There are 3 near Standish, one at West Branch, and one at Davison. That would be exciting
to find a coin over 100 years old. I have never even seen one, let alone find one myself. Although I remember
I used to have some very old silver dollars gotten from banks when cashing paychecks. That would be great to
do a little hunting with you next summer. I will look foreward to it too.

Happy hunting and have a good holiday coming up,

Ray

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Ray,
This week a 1893 Barber Dime and a 1899 Liberty Nickel.

I will look forward to hunting with you next summer!

Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions