Mag on Ice

trsrseeker

May 10, 2011
FL / NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field, Excaliber 11, Sovereign, CTX 3030
Assuming your Mag can handle the temperature (some can) main issue I see would be your distance from the target. Never tried it but don't see a problem.

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming your Mag can handle the temperature (some can) main issue I see would be your distance from the target. Never tried it but don't see a problem.
You are on the money there trsrseeker, I contacted JW Fishers as well and they said it would be no problem but the depth of the lake may be an issue, which in our case it is shallow so no problems.
Thanks again for you info.
ZDD

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the hardest part would be cutting the long thin slice out of the ice across the lake for the tow cable. :dontknow:

Start-with-Chainsaw.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the hardest part would be cutting the long thin slice out of the ice across the lake for the tow cable. :dontknow:

View attachment 935189
Na, that's the easy part, a long line of Det Cord makes quick work of it. Why use a chain saw when you can use explosives, that's what I always say.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread